• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral has been cut

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Was Rippadon banned? What happened to him? I took a few month siesta from this place, and he was ghost when I came back. 

I remember debating a guy about Young and Corral. He legit thought Corral could challenge Bryce for the starting job. Im wondering if that was him.lol

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

I don't hate Coral or anything, he was just drafted into one of the worst situations as a rookie qb but some funny stuff starting around the 16:30 mark

-Rockstar Mcadoo's assessment on Corral

-Rhule being fleeced by Belichick and his goofy ass "uh huh" laugh

-Fit getting pushed around by Tepper and Rhule to do the trade even though they know Corral is falling but they panicked because the QB's were getting taken off the board

"it's time" - tepper to fit

"you just landed in the right place" - rhule to corral 

Good find.

Struck by a couple of things watching that, first being Rhule's mention that Dan Morgan was convicted on Corral "at one time". I'd be interested to know if that meant he came off of it.

When the call from New England comes in asking if we're interested, Fitterer starts saying "let's see what happens here" but Rhule interrupts with "that's a yes".

Just prior to that, you can hear Rhule talking about how patient they've been so far, but not sounding particularly patient himself at the time. And then of course you have Tepper joining in.

Also did find it funny that it was Rhule on the phone with New England Rather than Fitterer or Morgan.

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Watch the draft video, Tepper is literally over his shoulder saying "It's time" with Rhules dumb ass on the other side playing GM on the phone. Fitt actually looks really annoyed in that clip

Possible. l wasn't as certain because Fitterer has kind of a blank, hard to read face (pretty decent poker face) but yeah, I could see it.

• Pie 1

I think the appropriate reaction here is to be happy for the Panthers that we have Bryce Young, and be happy for Matt Corral that he was able to address the concerns about his character by being patient, staying out of trouble, and looking decent enough to draw NFL interest and perhaps continue his career with a new opportunity. he was dealt a bad hand and he did what he could with it.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

These comments are hilarious.  We just watched the Pats cut Zappe, who outperformed Corral by a mile, clear waivers and get added to the Pats PS.  The Panthers saw that and are willing to take the chance that if no one bit on Zappe, they won’t bite on Corral.  He will be on our PS.  He’s a third round QB.  It’s not like we just cut a recent 1st rounder 

Let it go bro. He was cut for a good reason. He's not NFL caliber and if we somehow get a injury at QB he needs to be ready to play. They clearly didn't think he was ready to be a NFL caliber QB.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Let it go bro. He was cut for a good reason. He's not NFL caliber and if we somehow get a injury at QB he needs to be ready to play. They clearly didn't think he was ready to be a NFL caliber QB.

Oh I agree 10000%.  That’s the point I was trying to make.  He will easily clear waivers.  And likely wind up on the PS as an emergency QB. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Oh I agree 10000%.  That’s the point I was trying to make.  He will easily clear waivers.  And likely wind up on the PS as an emergency QB. 

I could see it.

There are till five spots available on the practice squad.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That’s why it’s a GM question.  We spent a 3rd and 4th on Corral.  Way more than NE spent on what clearly looked like a better QB. 

to date, Fitts management of resources seems….questionable.  At the least. 

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is going to the PS no matter where he goes.  His career is done.  He can tool around and maybe hit as a back up but the odds are long he will ever start a game

Pretty accurate. He should Take the 200k PS position, work and hope for the best.  There are worse things in life than being in your 20s and making that kind of bank.  

• Beer 1

I absolutely hate needing a franchise QB and drafting one past the first round. You almost always end up drafting a first round QB the following draft. I said this during the Corral pick (even though I liked him), I said this during the Grier pick, and I said this during the Clausen pick. They are just wasted picks because it’s an extreme, one in 250-like gamble. 

that said, Fitterrer has got to improve his drafting. For all the hate Marty got, he can’t hold Marty’s jock right now, especially if Ickey continues to struggle 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s why it’s a GM question.  We spent a 3rd and 4th on Corral.  Way more than NE spent on what clearly looked like a better QB. 

to date, Fitts management of resources seems….questionable.  At the least. 

Are we sure that was a Fitt pick?

I think Rhule made that pick.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hate it for him. I get no joy out of this kid getting cut. Rhule clearly didn't have much interest in him so it seems he was a Fitts pick. I sure hope he chose wiser with his much bigger QB swing.

Definitely not the sense you get watching the tape from last year (posted earlier).

The guy who lobbied hardest for him pre-draft was Ben McAdoo, but on the day of the draft itself Matt Rhule is the one doing the lobbying.

Mind you, that's prior to their getting Mayfield, at which point Rhule started treating Corral like a college freshman.

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Even Brady didn't put that much fear into me. Drake Maye got you shook like that?

Fear isn't the right word.

I didn't fear Brady, but we went 1-5 against him, right?

Maye in TB or Atlanta would set them up for long term success, imo. I want Drake to have a great NFL career so I don't want the mixed emotions of him sharing a division with the Panthers.

I wouldn't be shook. I'd be extremely disappointed.