• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big fan of Burns but...

NAS

4 hours ago, JVic said:

Fitterer has done a lot of good things here, and lord knows he is infinitely better than the other two dummies we had before him.  But not trading Burns for two firsts (even if they were multi years down the road) is one of the most bone headed GM moves across the league in recent years.

This team isn't close to a Super Bowl, and I'm assuming at some point during the Burns talks they knew they would want a QB in this class, which would cost them move up capital.  We could've used those picks.

Spilled milk at this point, but now Burns holding out makes not trading him that much worse.  You got nothing, he will give nothing (until week 9, when he's required to come back for tenure), and then he walks anyways, just like I said he would.  

Good things? What good things?

-Signed Darnold

-Traded for Mayfield

-Traded up to draft Corral

-Didn’t resign Gilmore despite trading for him for not even a full season.

-Picked up Darnold’s 5th year option.

-Traded a 3rd for CJ Henderson

-Extended Ian Thomas

-Extended Donte Jackson

-Extended Robbie Anderson ( whom we are paying 10 million for this year). 

He’s not the GM everyone on here acts like he is. People just like him because he’s not Hurney or Gettleman. I’m not so sure he’s better than either at this point.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

-Signed Darnold

-Traded for Mayfield

-Extended Ian Thomas

-Extended Donte Jackson

He’s not the GM everyone on here acts like he is. People just like him because he’s not Hurney or Gettleman. I’m not so sure he’s better than either at this point.

they are going to say it was rhule making the call

But it really doesnt matter as his fate is clearly tied to Young.  If he works he has a job in 2/3 years.  If not he is gone.  Its pretty simple like that, but yeah all in all fitt has done some dumb poo and now it appears #1 on that list is not trading burns to a desperate rams team that appears to be aiming for a couple of top 5 picks in the next 2 drafts

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

-Signed Darnold

-Traded for Mayfield

-Extended Ian Thomas

-Extended Donte Jackson

The more I think about him the more I realize he might be our worst gm. We have no depth because the drafts have been trash. We essentially had to trade cmc for Sam darnold because of mismanagement of assets (the cmc trade simply recovered the assets we gave up for darnold and henderson). We passed on fields to take an injury prone although very good corner. If we got the Young pick wrong were set back at least 5 years.

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

-Signed Darnold - Rhule

-Traded for Mayfield - Rhule/Tepper

-Traded up to draft Corral - Mcadoo

-Didn’t resign Gilmore despite trading for him for not even a full season. - Rhule

-Picked up Darnold’s 5th year option. - Fitterer

-Traded a 3rd for CJ Henderson - Fitterer

-Extended Ian Thomas - Rhule

-Extended Donte Jackson - Well obviously

-Extended Robbie Anderson ( whom we are paying 10 million for this year). - Rhule all the way. Chosen Chosen or what ever his name is now didn’t even make a roster. 

56 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

they are going to say it was rhule making the call

So ya, most of it had Rhules finger prints all over it. Fitterer kind of feels like a pushover though we’ll see what kind of moves come down the pipeline this year as it progresses. Specifically how our other draft picks perform. It’s hard to GM a college coach used to having everything his way. 

3 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Wonder how refusing to work while still under contract would fair in the private sector…yeah….

NFL isn't a government job.

It's known as a strike. Contracted private sector workers have been effective in using them as a negotiating tool forever 

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

I'm so upset. Now that my house is officially on the market, the buyers know I want to sell, and they have all the leverage!! 🤣🤣🤣

A buyer looked on your Facebook page and saw that you had posted that you're relocating and need to sell so you can buy a new house in the next month. They lowball because you need to free up the cash to make a down payment, offers aren't coming in, and you can't carry 2 mortgages. That's leverage. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

A buyer looked on your Facebook page and saw that you had posted that you're relocating and need to sell so you can buy a new house in the next month. They lowball because you need to free up the cash to make a down payment, offers aren't coming in, and you can't carry 2 mortgages. That's leverage. 

Which isn't the case with Burns. He's under contract, and he was going to get paid regardless. 

Oh, and I'd never sell a house in a hurry. There are better ways to financially handle that type of situation.  

14 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You need a better agent if it comes down to that.

Burns value is set by the market regardless of what happened with a previous trade 

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1