• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What would you consider a top pick QB without a NFL arm?  Playing coy now is probably a good move anyway after an overreaction.

Brees later in his career didn’t have an nfl arm but they made it work to an extent.   I’ve not called him a bust but for him to exceed in this league he is going to have to overcome his average/below average nfl arm.   His throws today were slow and floated.  

after today what nfl starting qb has a weaker arm?

Edited by mrcompletely11

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Cam went to a Super Bowl with Ginn and Cotchery. 

We paid for a superstar. A superstar shouldn't need a perfect roster to shine. 

Except we don’t have a superstar. We just paid the price for one that actually wasn’t.  

Edited by ickmule
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

Cam went to a Super Bowl with Ginn and Cotchery. 

We paid for a superstar. A superstar shouldn't need a perfect roster to shine. 

that super bowl was years into his career. I was referencing the 1st game that i replied to, and 89 was hell of a crutch for a new qb.

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

Not much else to say.

One of the worst performances not just in our franchise history, but one of the worst games I've seen from any NFL team ever. Defense looked alright at times, but even they had the benefit of playing maybe the worst QB in the league.

Jaycee Horn is already hurt again, and our only other really promising player is the one who our current GM is playing hardball with.

There are some okay players on this team but there is no one I'd categorize as elite. No one in the tier of Cam, Luke, Olsen, Davis type of players that we have had in the past. Even the players we have that are good the Ws/Ls don't seem to matter too much to them. None of these guys appear bothered to try.

Bryce was awful but in his defense I don't think we have a receiver capable of getting open down the field right now.

The '01 and 2010 Panthers would like to have a word with you...

Just now, ForJimmy said:

That's a fair assessment of this game.  Hopefully we see some evolving on the coaching/scheme end as the season progresses.   

Yeah, I mean the Bears are probably on the clock at the end of the year, but the rest of this season has to be about getting better. Fans were sold on an MVP quarterback from his first snap, which was what they chose to believe, and simply ignored the fact that he's a rookie on a dogshit team whose best weapon is probably Chuba Hubbard.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Brees later in his career didn’t have an nfl arm but they made it work to an extent.   I’ve not called him a bust but for him to exceed in this league he is going to have to overcome his average/below average nfl arm.   His throws today were slow and floated.  

His first completion was a perfect spiral to Hurst in a tight window, and I don't think his skills eroded after that, nor did his muscles atrophy. What changed, though, was Atlanta pressed the WRs and took away his options to throw, so he lobbed the ball out of bounds. Those were the only "slow" passes I saw.

11 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Can we just rewind to 2011 and relive Cam's rookie year again

Delhomme, Newton and Allen were great young starting QB memories.

Collins, Weinke and Clausen were the young QBs who came out cold in their first season as starters.

Jeff Lewis was just horrible as a starting option.

I wouldn't put Young with Delhomme, Newton and Allen, but he is definitely not Jeff Lewis bad. Maybe another Kerry Collins level QB. Nothing special, but eventually capable.

2 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

Watch out. I mentioned his arm strength looked questionable during a preseason game and got poo on a ton. Not saying it isn't strong enough to be an adequate NFL QB, but you want more than that when trading up to #1.

Yes. Anything concerning you have mentioned about bryce since the draft has been responded with you calling him a bust or being declared troll. Thats why i have just ignored the responses from the hype boys till the season began because now there is no hyping and hiding when the games start. Now we will see everything in front of us, people will be proven wrong or proven right. No more talking. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Yeah, I mean the Bears are probably on the clock at the end of the year, but the rest of this season has to be about getting better. Fans were sold on an MVP quarterback from his first snap, which was what they chose to believe, and simply ignored the fact that he's a rookie on a dogshit team whose best weapon is probably Chuba Hubbard.

We are going to need to develop into a balanced offense.  Corbet coming back or Zavala getting experience will help the OL (who had a solid showing today).  Mingo will get better plus we might get Chark for some games letting Thielen slide to the slot where he belongs.  Again if we just cut down of the turnovers we will look a lot better.  Failed 4th down conversion in the redzone, 2 drive killing INTs by a rookie QB, and a fumble by our RB swung that game completely.  We started off solid but simply lost momentum from those turnovers and are too young of a team to comeback from that.  

IF Theilen was healthy maybe but he's old now and also the defense was not focused on him in Minny. It happens all the time where someone leaves a place where they were the secondary focus on a defense and try to be a primary offensive threat then sputter out b/c they were never that great anyway.

Is it b/c Theilen isn't so good or old now, either way he's ours so yay

Edited by Fox007