• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Topic title

• Yes
    • No

A Panthers loss would ruin my Sunday, it would be one of the main things on my mind on Monday, and it would be Tuesday or Wednesday before I was over it and thinking about the next game.  It was like that for me probably up to or around 2010.  A few games into that season I had the realization that we were going nowhere fast and it was going to be a long climb back to playoff contention.  I adopted the mindset that the Panthers were terrible, they were probably going to lose, and it wasn't worth my energy or time.

It's a bummer that Bryce Young's tenure got off to an inauspicious start, but them's the breaks.  This is a hard league to win in and we're starting from scratch with a rookie QB and new coaching staff.  Those are long odds.

5 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Still get hyped for every game, but I no longer scream at the tv or let a loss bother me.  I’ve just gotten used to being a fan of a terrible franchise and have very low expectations for every game.  

The cold hard truth.

I also remember screaming at the TV during the Cam/Luke/Rivera era. 

Tepper era is more laughing. We are comically bad. Nothing else you can do but laugh at how bad we are.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

No, still into it quite a bit, but not like I was during the Fox/Rivera eras. I watch every game but if they lose I just don’t care anymore and it doesn’t bother me nearly as much. It seems like once Tepper bought the team, it’s gone downhill for me a little, especially since Rhule. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Cam deserves to have that final year.

Im curious when It would've been ok to release him, because as of this offseason, he was still clamoring to be on a team, and 32 teams still said "No Thanks". I loved Cam. I loved Jake. But I'm also not blind and can  see when a player is broken and The Team needs to move on from The Player. TB2Gloves wasnt the upgrade, and sure, the position was mismanaged afterwards, but releasing Cam wasn't was bad as "Fandom" and "Hurt Feelings" make it out to be when you have the Team's interest in mind and not your own.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Im curious when It would've been ok to release him, because as of this offseason, he was still clamoring to be on a team, and 32 teams still said "No Thanks". I loved Cam. I loved Jake. But I'm also not blind and can  see when a player is broken and The Team needs to move on from The Player. TB2Gloves wasnt the upgrade, and sure, the position was mismanaged afterwards, but releasing Cam wasn't was bad as "Fandom" and "Hurt Feelings" make it out to be when you have the Team's interest in mind and not your own.

Cam was in a contract year. He was coming off an injury. He deserved to play thst last year out. They were not winning a Super Bowl with check down Teddy. He earned that final year and it was BS he didn’t get it. He also didn’t look bad with New England until he got hurt. Tepper, rhile, and Hurney can forever F themselves for that decision.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Should have let him play out his final year and then moved on, then it wouldn’t have been as sour as cutting him. Rhule knew cam was the alpha in the locker room and his ego couldn’t take that. 

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

People's passion wanes over time.  Twenty years ago I was an insane Panther's fan.  Now, still a fan, but not nearly with the amount of energy and intensity. 

This. It used to take until Tuesday to get over a loss. Unfortunately Since mid 2018 we have been a bottom feeder and with getting older like mentioned above I’m just like oh well. I still care but I don’t let it ruin 2 days of my life every week. Tepper just doesn’t know how to hire the right people. Should have hired an up and coming coordinator to be HC