• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soooo Bryce Young will never QB sneak???

Basbear

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Why can't the RB go under center for the play?

Is their a Rb able to take a QB snap, that you trust?? Its one of things that even most college QBs have to learn entering the NFL..

I just got a new idea- Young in shotgun, hike, Derrick brown tosses him over the LOS. 103% success rate guaranteed.. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Is their a Rb able to take a QB snap, that you trust?? Its one of things that even most college QBs have to learn entering the NFL..

I just got a new idea- Young in shotgun, hike, Derrick brown tosses him over the LOS. 103% success rate guaranteed.. 

Yeah if they know they are taking the ball and just falling forward the snap shouldn't be too bad.  QBs get caught trying to read the defense while taking the snap which can be difficult.  

Anther idea is Young gets a piggyback ride on Bozeman for the yard!

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Pretty much. The play is “can your center push a yard” doesn’t really matter who takes the snap.

The problem with this is you will then be asking your RB to do something he isn't used to doing and that is taking a snap under center.

There was a good bit of talk about this pre-draft and one of the things most people were assumed to understand that's a play we would not be seeing much if at all. I mean honestly I didn't want to see us putting either of the QB's we were considering at 1 in harms way after what happened to Cam. But Bryce Young? That's a big negatory. And with the state of our offense and our lack of power back you have to wonder what this staff is and was thinking when they selected him and figured a backfield of Sanders and Chuba was perfecto. We know for sure Reich is big on the QB sneak in his playbook. I guess we'll see if they get it figured out.