• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young sucks

therealmjl

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I don’t think it’s the arm strength. It’s that he’s too easy to bring down. His small stride doesn’t allow him to make easy short yard pick ups. 

That and his accuracy hasn’t shown up yet. He left some plays on the field today. He’s either  too quick to throw it away or he  holds the ball too long doesn’t let guys go get it. 

He’s so committed to structure and having the wide open guy that it makes him predictable. Reich needs to tell him to let it rip. If he throws picks it’s fine. Just move the ball. We have to get aggressive.

Would be nice to open up the offense tell the kid take some chances the D has your back.

• Pie 1

Nobody was more of a draft Stroud guy than me but I can’t give up on Young after two weeks, folks. 

What worries me is that Bryce seems to be struggling with the same thing Fields struggles with and people kill him over. He doesn’t make quick reads and he doesn’t know what NFL open is. Or maybe he does but he doesn’t have the arm to make those nfl open throws. 

Richardson when on the field, and Stroud look more pro ready than Young and that wasn’t supposed to be the case. 

Stroud has more yards per game than Young has in two combined games, hasn’t thrown an INT and has been under significant more pressure than Young. He’s also working with a backup oline and very young targets. He had a defensive minded head coach. Basically all the things working against him but he’s performing at an elite level as a rookie. Situations aren’t 1:1 but it’s hard to give Bryce a pass when both Richardson and Stroud look leagues ahead of Bryce as a passer. Not even bringing up Richardsons running ability. 

Even Richardson sees it open and rips the ball to the wr. Stroud is making elite level throws in tight coverage. It looks like Young isn’t sure of himself. And he definitely had flashes today of not realizing how fast defenders are on a few plays. 

On the 0-10 worried meter, I’m at like a 3 on Young so far. I know it sucks what we have seen so far but it really just is two games. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m so f*cking sick of everyone saying “Bryce needs playmakers”

#1, he’s the first overall pick in the draft. He’s supposed to BE the playmaker. Cam Newton was also a #1 overall pick, a player WORTHY of that selection because he was a true playmaker. You take a QB that needs “playmakers” to be successful in the 2nd round.

#2, these skill players aren’t nobodies. Thielen has been an extremely productive WR in the NFL. Chark is productive when healthy and to my knowledge didn’t even have a catch tonight. Miles Sanders has been productive in some very good offenses and has his preferred position coach with him. Hayden Hurst was a first round pick and has been a moderately productive TE in the NFL.

#3, this coaching staff was supposed to be “all star” level and should be getting more out of the offense. Instead it looks worse than Ben McAdoo calling plays with a paper bag on his head. Maybe there are too many cooks in the kitchen to be successful.

Maybe the Panthers are just cursed. Either way if another person says “Bryce Young needs playmakers” you’re just not right. 

That’s what I’m saying. It’s like drafting Heineke #1 overall. 

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kenny Pickett has an average at best NFL arm and get watching him throw the ball it feels like watching Brett Favre after watching Bryce.

I thought Bryce's arm was NFL average prior to the draft. I was wrong. It ain't even close to NFL average. There aren't many "NFL throws" he can make. Receivers have to be NFL wide ass open for him to be able to fit the ball into them.

I hate to say I told you so.

Everything we're seeing now was all over his College film. Fitterer will never be a GM again. 

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m so f*cking sick of everyone saying “Bryce needs playmakers”

#1, he’s the first overall pick in the draft. He’s supposed to BE the playmaker. Cam Newton was also a #1 overall pick, a player WORTHY of that selection because he was a true playmaker. You take a QB that needs “playmakers” to be successful in the 2nd round.

#2, these skill players aren’t nobodies. Thielen has been an extremely productive WR in the NFL. Chark is productive when healthy and to my knowledge didn’t even have a catch tonight. Miles Sanders has been productive in some very good offenses and has his preferred position coach with him. Hayden Hurst was a first round pick and has been a moderately productive TE in the NFL.

#3, this coaching staff was supposed to be “all star” level and should be getting more out of the offense. Instead it looks worse than Ben McAdoo calling plays with a paper bag on his head. Maybe there are too many cooks in the kitchen to be successful.

Maybe the Panthers are just cursed. Either way if another person says “Bryce Young needs playmakers” you’re just not right. 

Playcalling is important. Playmakers are more important. Bryce doesn't really have either right now. Maybe Laviska is, but you know... doesn't get touches. 

Cam was a Madden create a player. Bryce will never be that. Only a completely inept coaching staff like Rivera's could have screwed up his career.