• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some analysis from Ellis...

Mr. Scot

I'm not hitting the panic button because its early and things could turn around but he's speaking in a lot of empty coach speak imo

I haven't seen anything yet to suggest  He(Bryce has shown something special on several occasions"--way too early to write him off...but yeah havent seen much on the field that gets me excited 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, scpanther22 said:

I'm not hitting the panic button because its early and things could turn around but he's speaking in a lot of empty coach speak imo

I haven't seen anything yet to suggest  He(Bryce has shown something special on several occasions"--way too early to write him off...but yeah havent seen much on the field that gets me excited 

I would love to see a few of these special things. TBH, it's been more "special" than special.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would love to see a few of these special things. TBH, it's been more "special" than special.

Yeah, pinning the special on a drive where the D was in full prevent mode is grasping a bit. No idea if Young will work out like we hope but that drive was helped a lot by the Saints.

• Beer 2

Saints kinda let us score when the defense went into prevent. 
The team reminds me of the Broncos last year, which our DC is very familiar with. 
Good defense squandered by an offense that can do I thing when on the field. 
I hope it improves I am still rooting for Young but as of right now I am unimpressed and just not excited anymore. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Every Bryce conversation now starts with "it's too early to write him off" which is not the language we hoped for after two games, but it is too early to write him off.

That's where I'm at.

I'm not thrilled with it. I'm not surprised by it. But I'm not worried about it yet (Even though I am concerned. jk).

New coaching staff, new offense, new scheme, new skill players, new QB, plus Reich teams also have a tendency to start off slow so my "Slow start" bingo card is being filled out nicely. 

I do maintain optimism that it will get better as the year goes on, which is something many have already given up on I guess. Oh well. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

That's where I'm at.

I'm not thrilled with it. I'm not surprised by it. But I'm not worried about it yet (Even though I am concerned. jk).

New coaching staff, new offense, new scheme, new skill players, new QB, plus Reich teams also have a tendency to start off slow so my "Slow start" bingo card is being filled out nicely. 

I do maintain optimism that it will get better as the year goes on, which is something many have already given up on I guess. Oh well. 

No frills sensible take.  🤜

7 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Saints kinda let us score when the defense went into prevent. 
The team reminds me of the Broncos last year, which our DC is very familiar with. 
Good defense squandered by an offense that can do I thing when on the field. 
I hope it improves I am still rooting for Young but as of right now I am unimpressed and just not excited anymore. 

I don't think the saints let us score at all. They went to a soft zone letting us dink and dunk to run the clock down and tighten up in the red zone. Then all of a sudden Bryce and Mingo catch them with the beautiful shoulder fake to throw the defender and the deep completion. That 100% was not planned on being given up by the Saint which is clear as they immediately called a timeout after. Bryce definitely had some issues, but let's not act like his TD drive was a free gimme. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I noticed that we kept using a lot of playclock, a problem we've had in the past. I did note that having our first two games with a bunch of staff/player turnover be against division rivals is far from ideal. Those games are usually much harder and often have performances that are out of the ordinary compared to all the other games. Two games into a season is too early to make dramatic changes but my expectation is that if the offense remains stagnant, I expect that shift in approach. Otherwise, Reich hasn't really learned his lessons from Indy after all.

• Pie 1