• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don't ruin the Rookie

Jmac

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I think maybe the RG sub could have thrown him off too. Boze is 56 and he lined up behind 76. He was locked in on the defense too.

it's pretty common that this occurs in the NFL. Which is why it's so funny that the twitter world and some posters were so shocked by it.

I believe the first time I saw it happen was when Payton Manning was with the Colts... maybe 2004? He made a joke of it in the presser stating it was a trick play and he was mad they never got to run it... jokingly

• Beer 1

I don't really care about the lining up behind the RG moment in the grand scheme of things with all that's going on. But people really should have pumped the brakes on all the hype about how unique he was in his preparation and knowledge of the game like he had the brain of a veteran Peyton Manning heading into the season. The hype was created by some of the very people trying to move the goal posts and now sell this story about how he's an overmatched rookie. Also the same people basically told us CJ Stroud had a brick for a brain. This is what some of us were trying to tell you back before and immediately following the draft about what would happen if we select him and the uphill climb he faced even with his so called "elite" processing ability. Now everything has changed. Go figure.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bryce size is a major concern lets be honest.

My main focus is trying to get a 1st for Burns.

We clearly need to have another QB just in case Bryce doesn't pan out this season. This QB class is deep and if we can find a way to get one of the top 5 QB's we shouldn't be in bad position moving forward.

You were all in on Bryce for the draft.  Let's see how he progresses before we try drafting his replacement.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

It hurts, it really hurts.

CJ always had the arm talent. It was his intelligence and character that were unjustly attacked ala Cam Newton. It's still early we'll see. But man if we end up with the wrong QB from this draft... That stink isn't ever washing off. The offensive coaching staff and players have a long week ahead of them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You were all in on Bryce for the draft.  Let's see how he progresses before we try drafting his replacement.  

I was. And I can only judge him off what I have seen so far. 

I do think we need to have a backup plan in case he doesn't work out. If we can get a 1st for Burns that allows us to get a QB in the upcoming draft. If Bryce doesn't work out we basically wasted 2 years waiting on his development.

Always have a backup plan.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was. And I can only judge him off what I have seen so far. 

I do think we need to have a backup plan in case he doesn't work out. If we can get a 1st for Burns that allows us to get a QB in the upcoming draft. If Bryce doesn't work out we basically wasted 2 years waiting on his development.

Always have a backup plan.

You don't draft another first round QB unless Young completely implodes through week 17.  If we get a 1st round pick it will be used to get Bryce a weapon or try to replace Burns.  You shouldn't waste valuable assets like a 1st rounder on a "just in case" situation.  A flier on a late round QB that you can develop into your backup/potential starter makes more sense.

• Pie 2

Sitting Bryce isn’t all of a sudden going to make him accurate throwing the ball down the field. He has yet to complete a deep pass. The Falcons realized that which is what allowed Bates to sit on the second interception and why the Saints stacked the box and tried to take away everything underneath.

It’s not like both games were blow outs allowing our opponents to pin their ears back and come after the QB. Bryce just didn’t threaten the opposing defenses what so ever.

And don’t give me the no weapons BS. There are teams with less to work with on offense and none have looked this inept passsing the football.

• Pie 1