• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don't ruin the Rookie

Jmac

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The list of Heisman busts in the NFL is a long one. It means you were a great college player, it doesn't mean anything on the NFL level.

majority of Heisman QBs are busts.  Young is what, our 4th Heisman QB? 

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

CJ always had the arm talent. It was his intelligence and character that were unjustly attacked ala Cam Newton. It's still early we'll see. But man if we end up with the wrong QB from this draft... That stink isn't ever washing off. The offensive coaching staff and players have a long week ahead of them.

It’s actually a short week and they have to fly to Seattle. So I expect no time to make any major adjustments lol. Hopefully Tarik can play at least and bring a little speed

2 hours ago, frankw said:

I don't really care about the lining up behind the RG moment in the grand scheme of things with all that's going on. But people really should have pumped the brakes on all the hype about how unique he was in his preparation and knowledge of the game like he had the brain of a veteran Peyton Manning heading into the season. The hype was created by some of the very people trying to move the goal posts and now sell this story about how he's an overmatched rookie. Also the same people basically told us CJ Stroud had a brick for a brain. This is what some of us were trying to tell you back before and immediately following the draft about what would happen if we select him and the uphill climb he faced even with his so called "elite" processing ability. Now everything has changed. Go figure.

When I heard that CJ Stroud quote about him bring a football player and not a test taker.

I said uh oh Panthers might be making a mistake, this kid got some dawg in him.

If GPA and IQ won football games Harvard and Yale would dominate Ohio State and Alabama. 

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You don't draft another first round QB unless Young completely implodes through week 17.  If we get a 1st round pick it will be used to get Bryce a weapon or try to replace Burns.  You shouldn't waste valuable assets like a 1st rounder on a "just in case" situation.  A flier on a late round QB that you can develop into your backup/potential starter makes more sense.

I understand that, but we need to trade Burns regardless of Bryce.

That gives us 2 options if Bryce looks good we can use that 1st on a WR. If he implodes we just draft another QB.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

CJ always had the arm talent. It was his intelligence and character that were unjustly attacked ala Cam Newton. It's still early we'll see. But man if we end up with the wrong QB from this draft... That stink isn't ever washing off. The offensive coaching staff and players have a long week ahead of them.

Very true. I just think it goes to show that people who think they know football  can also be massively wrong.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

You really think Bryce doesn't know that he's not supposed to line up under the right guard? Come on.

Nope. He legit thought he was supposed to line up behind the RG.

😂

Y'all are missing the point. The point is that his head was spinning so fast that he lined up in the wrong spot. It happens. It would be comical if he was playing well and otherwise looked good.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

Hes a rookie...you mortgaged the next 2 years 1st rounders for him. You play him...Make him or break him. There is a learning curve so this year is a throw away...but you have to find out what he is made of....2 games is not the sample size.

The next one* years 1st rounder. 

• Pie 1