• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce DNP in practice 9-20-23

Samppson

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

A #1 overall pick QB should be able to validate that selection without elite players around him. 

Reminds me of the danger of Young/Stroud all along. How much of their success was due to having a talent advantage each week? Hard to tell until they get to this level, and the field is more level, and all the players on the field are elite compared to college.

It’s sooooo early, but being physically limited, there’s little hope if he can’t “process” as advertised. 

I’m concerned right now, but I’m not worried. 

Tbf, Bama is on a fast decline right now and several SEC coaches suggested Bryce masked a lot of their flaws with his play. BY basically beat Georgia and their NFL defense by himself. I am going to talk poo and be cynical because that’s what Panther fans do but I do reserve quite a bit of faith that BY will turn it around. He’s too talented. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I'm with you, brother.  If I want to talk to somebody who takes sheer pleasure in being miserable and making everybody around them miserable, I'll look up my ex-wife and spend about 10 minutes on the phone with her.

For the record, I was in the CJ Stroud camp prior to the draft, but there is no way in holy hell I would be hoping Young fails or finding any enjoyment in the last two weeks like some of these clowns.

Same on pretty much all counts except I wouldn't look up your ex-wife 🫥

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I'm with you, brother.  If I want to talk to somebody who takes sheer pleasure in being miserable and making everybody around them miserable, I'll look up my ex-wife and spend about 10 minutes on the phone with her.

For the record, I was in the CJ Stroud camp prior to the draft, but there is no way in holy hell I would be hoping Young fails or finding any enjoyment in the last two weeks like some of these clowns.

Are any of the anti-Young people hoping he fails or finding any enjoyment in the last 2 weeks?

I know I sure as hell am NOT

This is miserable, there is no enjoyment, and I desperately am hoping for Bryce to make me look like a complete fool.

But unfortunately all we've seen so far are the things those who didn't want Young felt were glaringly obvious flaws with him in the NFL.  Mainly that he doesn't have the arm or body strength to be an elite QB in today's NFL game and that he's a walking injury concern.

And I know I can only speak for myself, but I think others feel the same way...

Which is that we're not really all that upset at the way Bryce has played, but we felt that we gave up way too much in the trade to take a player with those risks and we're seeing the worst case scenario play out with us giving the Bears a Top 5 pick in a QB loaded draft instead of just being patient for one more year like a SMART franchise would have done.

The pro-Bryce people keep conflating our concerns with the trade with our concerns of Bryce, which don't get me wrong, we clearly have serious concerns with him, but they wouldn't be so bad if we didn't trade away our franchise's future to take him.

• Pie 4

Which again is why people like myself are saying Bryce can still end up being a good QB and it still be looked at as a terrible trade.

It's basically the choice between having Bryce or having DJ Moore, maybe a pass rusher with this past year's first, maybe a CB with the other 2nd we traded away, taking Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in next year's draft, and then still having the 2025 2nd rounder as well.

You can't look at things in a vacuum, it's the whole of the parts, and we just opened our brand new birthday gift only to find out that not only were the batteries not included, but it's also missing a few key components to the toy's ability to function as well.

Some of y'all have clearly left the reservation.  They are not benching Bryce lmao.  He didn't even have that bad of a game on Monday. He completed 67% of his passes, 153 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs.  We lost to one of the top defenses in the league by 3 points.  Yall are on here acting like Bryce is completing 40% of his passes and has thrown 5 picks.  R-E-L-A-X

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, AceMan said:

This basically happened Sam Darnold's rookie year after he had a 4 Interception game.

Zach Wilson had the rest button hit after 7 games. 

and that’s a black eye for the team and QB to let it get to that degree.

maybe Bryce is really hurt bad.  But after 2 weeks, this team (offense) doesn’t look good enough to have a rookie QB out there.  Especially one that we dumped so much of an investment into IMO.  Heck, let’s say he is 100% healthy, another game at the continued trajectory…..would bring up having a pause convo anyway. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Are any of the anti-Young people hoping he fails or finding any enjoyment in the last 2 weeks?

I know I sure as hell am NOT

This is miserable, there is no enjoyment, and I desperately am hoping for Bryce to make me look like a complete fool.

But unfortunately all we've seen so far are the things those who didn't want Young felt were glaringly obvious flaws with him in the NFL.  Mainly that he doesn't have the arm or body strength to be an elite QB in today's NFL game and that he's a walking injury concern.

And I know I can only speak for myself, but I think others feel the same way...

Which is that we're not really all that upset at the way Bryce has played, but we felt that we gave up way too much in the trade to take a player with those risks and we're seeing the worst case scenario play out with us giving the Bears a Top 5 pick in a QB loaded draft instead of just being patient for one more year like a SMART franchise would have done.

The pro-Bryce people keep conflating our concerns with the trade with our concerns of Bryce, which don't get me wrong, we clearly have serious concerns with him, but they wouldn't be so bad if we didn't trade away our franchise's future to take him.

I'm not concerned about any of that because it falls squarely on the shoulders of Scott Fitterer.  He is the architect of this mess and I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Wait for the conspiracy theorists to say it's a phantom injury so they can sit him

I mean I don’t really think it’s a conspiracy. I’m pretty sure teams have done this. Just what they need for his to go and get his ass kicked and either be hurt or have his confidence damaged like David Carr. what an absolute disaster this team is. 

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Some of y'all have clearly left the reservation.  They are not benching Bryce lmao.  He didn't even have that bad of a game on Monday. He completed 67% of his passes, 153 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs.  We lost to one of the top defenses in the league by 3 points.  Yall are on here acting like Bryce is completing 40% of his passes and has thrown 5 picks.  R-E-L-A-X

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Tannehill who is a below average vet QB played much worse against that defense to the tune of 3 INTs completing 47% of his passes....

• Pie 2