• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what has Reich exactly accomplished to get the #1 pick and an immediate second chance?!?

TheBigKat

Unless he turns this around a 2nd year doesn't improve the fact he is a terrible playcaller and his scheme is arse. If Young keeps looking like trash then he has zero reasons for a 2nd year. 

Go ahaed and just fire Fritz soon because that is the first person that needs to be fired if you want any meaningful change this offseason. New GM and then pick a new HC. Also throw Suleiman out with the other trash because he is also part of this teams problems. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think I was wrong arguing against the Burns trade last year. 

I really like him, but unless the team does some crazy 180, it’s pointless giving him a big contract. 

And it’s looking like Wilks overachieved down the stretch, and I was fooled. 

Our team looks lost, the best players can’t stay in the field, and the lack of depth is slapping us in the face, and we may have picked the wrong QB.

Just a big ouch all around. 

If we aren’t about .500 at the trade deadline, he needs to be moved for picks, even if it won’t be as much as the Rams offer. 

If we were “close” like Fitt said, keeping him makes sense…but we don’t look close at all. 

I have some sad realizations to bring here, there's a 0% chance we will be .500 at the trade deadline. Looking at the schedule there is one, maybe two games we have a chance at - Bears and Falcons.

Even then I won't be surprised if we come out of that on the losing side.

The problem with some people saying "you want to fire someone after 3 games? that's ridiculous", is yes, yes I absolutely do. You can just see that he doesn't have what it takes, it's the wrong hire and the quicker we get out from this the quicker we can get back to being respectable. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Knaakedup said:

I have some sad realizations to bring here, there's a 0% chance we will be .500 at the trade deadline. Looking at the schedule there is one, maybe two games we have a chance at - Bears and Falcons.

The problem with some people saying "you want to fire someone after 3 games? that's ridiculous", is yes, yes I absolutely do. You can just see that he doesn't have what it takes, it's the wrong hire and the quicker we get out from this the quicker we can get back to being respectable. 

And to touch on the Burns thing, I was beating that drum last year like a madman but here we are. He has to be offloaded at this point, accept that we are actually in a full rebuild and acquire as much capital as we can to fix this within a few years before Bryce enters the new contract time. 

I just hate that Tepper went ultra safe and tried to sell it with the package of first QB to throw a TD in franchise history and pulled at the nostalgic heart strings. Wilks was a native son who legit was dealing with being put on the spot, injuries, and a laughable roster. My only reason I am not crazy down even though we are terrible is the fact that the roster is so bad. I read an article after we started losing at the first of last year on how far the Panthers were behind with roster talent due to Rhule backloading with bum Penn St, Baylor, and Temple players. And that angers me about the trades, because we needed those picks to rebuild the roster. @onmyown always talks about how we should have allowed the losses and truly rebuilt with what would be our high draft and high trade acquired picks. Instead we were led to believe that we could win now and traded all those acquired assets away. So there is little optimism with an owner who lets his trophy wife make way too many decisions, a retread coach, a roster devoid of talent, and what looks like a team that has one of the three phases(O,D,ST) finding a way to lose every game in this young season.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Knaakedup said:

I definitely don’t see .500 at all, let alone at the deadline. 

I was basically saying that, unless there is some miraculous turnaround out of nowhere, I’d move Burns and blow this poo up. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I'm not sure he deserves to be paid what he wants. Frankly he looks a lot like he always has to me - good for a sack or pressure here and there but not really a consistent disruptor.

Not to mention, he still isn’t a 3-Down type. There were a few big series where he needed breathers or was on the sideline for critical downs as Seattle was marching. A top-10 paid DL is a 3-down lineman. Period. Stats be damned. 

I’ve actually leaned into more of the “pay him” side of things but he really is not showing much different than he has his entire career so far. Except he’s got a whiny #0 and darker visor.