• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You have a magic wand to fix our biggest problem.

kungfoodude

Which mistake was the biggest  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these would fix the Panthers the most?

• Not having chosen David Tepper as an owner.
    • Not having hired Scott Fitterer.
    • Choosing someone other than Frank Reich as head coach.
    • Taking someone other than Bryce Young at #1.
    • Not making the trade up to #1.
    • Other(add in commentary)

Other: we draft Justin Fields instead of Jaycee Horn. 

Now I know what you're saying. SOJA Fields is terrible rn. You're god damn right. But who knows how he would have looked here? Not saying he'd be amazing but well just say it's an unknown and at worst he's terrible. 

Here's why it's better. If we draft Fields we don't trade for Darnold and Baker. We retain our draft capital all of the years and likely still have CMC. The best part is we'd be bottoming out in an excellent year to need to draft a QB. 

At worst we end up w/ Caleb Williams or Drake Maye and still have CMC and all of our draft capital. 

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Do the people who are upset with Tepper as the owner realize that the next NFL that was sold/bought was the Broncos, the one team who is rivaling us for dumbest moves at the moment.

I still think far too much blame is being placed on him, I think he's actually doing a decent job at letting the football people make the final decisions (outside of forcing the trade which was god awful, but again, that's on the GM for making a bad trade in the end).

What we need to do is go back and undo the trade, then trade up to #3 with the Cardinals and take Stroud or AR, whichever fell to #3. 

We'd have saved some assets, maybe Moore, and be in a significantly better position right now.

It has been stated that the price between 1 and 3 was not that different 

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Yes it was

Overall value might not have been THAT different, but in the end, it 100% would be different since it's 3, not 1, and that difference would have almost assuredly been DJ Moore (if not more).  

The reason the Bears insisted on Moore being in the trade was because of the weak WR FA and Draft class and them needing an immediate #1 for Fields.

That wouldn't have been a thing for the Cardinals, particularly since at the time of the trade, they also still had Hopkins.  He likely wouldn't have even been asked about by the Cardinals, let alone being the deal breaker in getting the trade done like he was with the Bears.

I think more likely, if we traded to #3 with the Cardinals, we would have ended up including Burns while keeping Moore and keeping possibly both the 2nd rounders we gave up.  #9, 2024 1st, and Burns likely would have been more than enough to move up to #3.

Give me AR, Moore, whoever we'd draft with that 2nd rounder this past year, and the 2nd in 2025 over Bryce and Burns (with this current situation with him) any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Other: we draft Justin Fields instead of Jaycee Horn. 

Now I know what you're saying. SOJA Fields is terrible rn. You're god damn right. But who knows how he would have looked here? Not saying he'd be amazing but well just say it's an unknown and at worst he's terrible. 

Here's why it's better. If we draft Fields we don't trade for Darnold and Baker. We retain our draft capital all of the years and likely still have CMC. The best part is we'd be bottoming out in an excellent year to need to draft a QB. 

At worst we end up w/ Caleb Williams or Drake Maye and still have CMC and all of our draft capital. 

You assume we wouldn't have fuged up some other poo in between.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, SOJA said:

We should have kept what we had... We have mortgaged our future on who we hope and pray can be a franchise QB. I'm gonna save this thread and come back to it in 3 years, when we are drafting another QB... He will be ruined by the time we can build a team around him. We needed so many pieces on this team and we decided to give up any chance to build depth. Now when we look at our team, it looks like we need OL help again, a #1 receiver, and a few other pieces to make this a quality team. I'm waiting to see how we will dig out of this mess.