• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aight.... I'm excited hearing this Reich might get canned talk.... Who's your head coach target?

TheBigKat

For me, there's only 1

Eric Sleeping With Bieniemy

Super Bowl experience

Hall of Fame coaching pedigree

Hall of Fame QB pedigree

has turned around the Washington offense in a SNAP

He WILL NOT last after this off season, he took a lateral job to show everyone he ain't playing, that it wasn't just "Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes"

Fire Reich

Promote Morgan

Hire Bieniemy

Trade Burns for draft capital

lets do this right

bieniemy.webp

• Pie 4
  • Poo 8

I think we are probably getting ahead of ourselves with thinking that Reich is gone this early. But I'll play along and throw out a name that interested me during the last cycle that I think is going to be a popular choice in this cycle and that is Shane Waldron, the OC of Seattle. 

A young offensive mind that has worked under Belichick and McVay and since becoming OC has managed to resurrect the career of Geno Smith who everyone believed was just going to drive Seattle to tank for a QB. They lost in Week one to the Rams when both of their starting tackles got hurt, but then I believe they played without both of them at the Lions in Week 2 and put up 30 points on offense and beat what seems to be one of the more complete teams in the NFC. Drew Lock managed to even look functional in limited action (the only other time that happened was when he played against Rhule and co. in 2020). 

I'd be good with Ben Johnson, but he already spurned us once. Bienemy would also be near the top of my want list too. 

• Pie 2

Here's how I want it to play out. Reich and Fitterer are canned during our BYE week after we go 0-6 (we not beating the Lions or Dolphins). Evero gets a full 11 games to show what he's about. He actually lets Thomas Brown call plays and implements a lil of his scheme during the bye week. If we still look like sh*t at end of season, go offer Ben Johnson a contract he can't say no to. Boom.

• Pie 1

No way Ben Johnson comes here after passing us up last season and seeing the shitshow Tepper is ringmaster of.

It should be Evero or Brown.  My preference would be Evero with a chance of securing Brown long-term as the OC.  I wanted Bienemy back when Tepper's dumbass hired Rhule...  and many of the "experts" here wanted no part of him bc of his past and thinking he didn't do anything under Reid.  But I don't think Bienemy gets out of DC, so we're better off staying in-house.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

35 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

For me, there's only 1

Eric Sleeping With Bieniemy

Super Bowl experience

Hall of Fame coaching pedigree

Hall of Fame QB pedigree

has turned around the Washington offense in a SNAP

He WILL NOT last after this off season, he took a lateral job to show everyone he ain't playing, that it wasn't just "Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes"

Fire Reich

Promote Morgan

Hire Bieniemy

Trade Burns for draft capital

lets do this right

bieniemy.webp

Im fine with Bieniemy. 

Also fine with Ben Johnson.

We need more than a coach though. We seriously lack talent at the skill positions. It doesn't matter who we hire if we don't have the weapons on offense those playcalls aren't going to work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1