• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce could be a future cautionary tale...

micnificent28

I'm not throwing in the towel at all its way 2 early and there are signs of life.. A lot of Bryce struggles could all be on the lack of talent or frank himself play calling not taking the trainning wheels off. But a lot of Bryces struggles are also his own lack of ability. YOU DON'T TAKE A GUY NUMBER 1 WITHOUT ELITE PHYSICAL TRAITS. That's never happened before.

Oh he's an "elite processor". Like wtf is that... I can't quantify that. I can't bring that to my coordinator and say oh his processoring will develop openings here or there. Event best undersized prospects had elite physical traits. Kyler had the speed to run away from the rush and nobody questioned his arm strength to attack every aspect of the field. Bryce can't make all the throws.. he can't flick his wrist and hit a corner route like say Richardson. Sorry he just can't. He needs time to access whatever arm strength he has. 

Well good luck with that when your guard giving up 28 pressures on the year when the worst guy has only given up 14.

Screenshot_20231003_175225_X.thumb.jpg.2738ceb54e1e44a64d10157e91c779c4.jpg

Yes Bryce is being let down by his supporting cast but a lot of his struggles a number 1 pick would have to make up for with their own ability. Especially if they are an "elite Processor". Brady made eldleman and undersized white guys a thing. Being an extention of the coach and elite mind is great but what does it matter if you dont have the physical tools to capitalize on whats going on on what you see? What good is it to have  luke kuechly mind and 5.0 speed in the 40?

Like you can see whats happening but can't get there to make a play because you just dont have the gifts. We see this all the time with draft prospects like clelin ferrell the huddle wanted a few years back who went number 4(thank god). guys who have the numbers good football players and smart have all the stats hidden behind talented players beside them who make them look good. But put on a island without that talent around them they are just JAGs. Draft traits not just numbers or you could end up with literally just coaches on the field.

It's early but Bryce could become just an expensive game Manager. He's not going to throw picks and lose you the game but he doesn't have the elite traits to uplift and make plays for those around him. Which is why you take the guy who runs the 4.4 in the 40 who had unseen athleticism and the size of a Linebacker unheard combine numbers. Your "elite processor" mental abilities are tied to your confidence and emotional state.

I promise you right now bryce is questioning can he play at this level second guessing his decisions trying to make a play which can mitigate all that "elite processoring" we were sold on. Guys like Stroud and Richardson are being validated and gaining confidence by their abilities and seeing yeah I can do this. which buys them time to develop the "elite processor" or good enough to read defenses with their physical ability. End rant.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

Excuse me sir you forgot to mention point guard.

No really though. It's early. I'm giving him the season to show me more before I start throwing the B word around unless he just completely craters.

But as far as pure passing ability we had the guy for that right in our sights. Something or someone changed all that. We gotta live with the results.

• Beer 2

I feel being a cautionary tale would mean it would have to present a new lesson for people…..Bryce doesn’t really do that. 

Bill Parcells basically said Bryce Young would need to be Jesus if we drafted him.   Every basically knows how long of odds a QB of Young’s physical size are. It’s why there is one Brees and a bunch of people who aren’t. 

Yep. That’s why Stroud was the better pick. 

If he’s 80% of Bryce’s mental strength. He can develop that skill over time. But he already has the superior arm and physical gifts.

Meanwhile Bryce is damn near maxed out because his mental acuity was formed out of necessity. Otherwise he wouldn’t be able to play. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

I want Bryce to improve mainly so all of you will stop posting these tl;dr 'think' pieces. lmao

We’d all like him to improve. Winning football games could be fun. We should try to do that sometimes. I feel like a lot of the game each week we are playing to not lose the game vs play to win. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

We’d all like him to improve. Winning football games could be fun. We should try to do that sometimes. I feel like a lot of the game each week we are playing to not lose the game vs play to win. 

Frank is definitely playing not to lose and doesn’t appear to really trust or like Bryce much in his present day offense. 

take it back to week 1.  He didn’t even trust Bryce on 4th down. That’s was a red flag.  And you can see the difference in the playbook with Dalton vs Seattle and then looking at Bryce’s game. 

I still wish we had decent reporters that followed up on Frank’s batshit reasoning for inserting Dalton on 4th down.  He gave them options over Bryce that he claimed had nothing to do with size.  Well…..what exactly were the non size related options Frank Dalton gave you?!

• Beer 1