• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Fitt

App Panther

31 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

If you mean bring him back, yes, I’d take him in a heart beat over the crap we’ve had around here lately. People give him a lot of crap but the dude was always money in the first round and was instrumental in getting us to two different super bowls. Hurney wasn’t ever half as bad as people made him out to be here and now they’re finally seeing that. 

yes I miss this guy

We are basically bargaining all the good players he draft when he came back just to fix the current crappy mess.

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

who replaces him? Want tepper to bring in another GM and keep his HC?

I think Fitt has to die with Reich, or vice versa. You either have to let one of the young coaches bring in someone who knows what they're doing and knows where the league is moving, or you let them both get 2 years or whatever before shitcanning them both. 

Dan Morgan can spend 3 months not making shitty trades

• Pie 2

The CMC trade was whatever. He's in a better situation, Panthers wanted to run a different kind of offense, and they very nearly pulled out a playoff run by doing it. That's fine. 

Turning down the Burns trade at the time was questionable. In hindsight it's just horrific and heads have to roll for this. There's no way you could fug up this badly in any other profession and keep your job. 

• Pie 3

53 minutes ago, Varking said:

For passing on Fields? Passing on Howell? Not taking two firsts for Burns? Trading away the one guy on offense who could help carry a young QB in DJ Moore? Picking Bryce over CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson? Seeing Baker be significantly better away from us? Drafting Mingo over Tank Dell? 

Ouch.

17 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I was off Fitt the moment he drafted a damn long snapper in the 5th round. I still remember that draft and people on here defending it because i let it be known then he was a crap GM. 

I remeber people spinning it that we have our future long snapper for the next 20 years. This dude couldn't even make the roster. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

I was an ardent Fitt guy...  after this offseason, I'm out.  Fire his ass...  I loved his connections and inroads to all the other FOs around the league and ability to find value trades, but trading DJ instead of Burns and drafting Bryce on top of the other umerous flubs (DJ Johnson, etc.) has put the nail in his coffin.  Then watching DJ go off tonight while Burns half-asses his way through the season because he thinks he should be paid like an elite, complete edge, when hes just a really solid to good pass rusher... Get him tf out of here.

3 hours ago, Varking said:

For passing on Fields? Passing on Howell? Not taking two firsts for Burns? Trading away the one guy on offense who could help carry a young QB in DJ Moore? Picking Bryce over CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson? Seeing Baker be significantly better away from us? Drafting Mingo over Tank Dell? 

And not drafting Puka Nucua the Rams rookie breakout. We need some scouting department changes too. 

• Pie 1

I was never in favor of Fitt and I think people gave him the benefit of the doubt due to his Seattle connection. He never really earned the hype that he got here (which was an insane amount).

We should have known it was pyrite as soon as he pointed to his mentor being from the Jets organization.

Burns should not be on this team--no matter what people say. In fact, I'd guarantee that people are feeling less hopeless about Bryce if he sent one of those Rams #1s to Chicago rather than our own. In fact, I'd even say that many would at least point to the hope of someone like Harrison being drafted as Bryce's #1. They'd still hate to see Stroud and AR in comparison, but the all-hope-is-lost wave coming over the fanbase (even though I think it's still premature) would be tempered.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I was an ardent Fitt guy...  after this offseason, I'm out.  Fire his ass...  I loved his connections and inroads to all the other FOs around the league and ability to find value trades, but trading DJ instead of Burns and drafting Bryce on top of the other umerous flubs (DJ Johnson, etc.) has put the nail in his coffin.  Then watching DJ go off tonight while Burns half-asses his way through the season because he thinks he should be paid like an elite, complete edge, when hes just a really solid to good pass rusher... Get him tf out of here.

Writing off rookies 4 weeks into the season....sheesh. You guys are really losing your marbles around this place