• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The coaching staff is a bust… we’re at our lowest point as an organization… but what do you do and who’s your building blocks?

TheBigKat

44 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

So we hire a new coach and GM come out and lose 2 or 3 games to start the season next year what do you do? Fire them as well? Keep firing coaches until one finally has a hot start? I don't think moving on from Reich or even Fitt this season is a realistic option. Next season though? And we still look like this? Absolutely.

Do you even work in real life bro?

If you are bad at your job you don't get to keep it. That's not how you run a successful business by hiring bad employees who are in a position of leadership and teaching.

It's sad people have this mindset, as if they think they can keep a job without producing or meeting the standard. Im so glad I work for nobody. I would lose my mind if I saw someone not doing there job at the company standard. Im getting off track so lets get back to the topic. Sorry had to vent that comment rubbed me the wrong way.

40 minutes ago, Frizzy350 said:

I honestly think we are stuck with Reich and possibly Fitt for a few more years.

No competent coach or GM is going to come here right now.

I think they may be gone by the end of the season, TBQH.

The bad part is we have no evidence of Tepper being able to make good decisions in that realm.

• Beer 1

Fitterer can be fired and it wouldnt be a bad look. Firing Reich this early would be a bad look. I want him gone as bad as I wanted Rhule gone but we're stuck with him for this year at least. 

However, nothing matters as long as tepper keeps sticking his nose in things

• Pie 1

Youth movement.  Trade some established veterans in exchange for multiple draft picks while also clearing cap space.  The trade deadline is October 31st.  Acquire key pieces via free agency and find value picks in next year's draft.  If management can do a good job in those regards then I believe Carolina can be a legitimate contender by the 25' season.  It's not happening this year and probably not next year either although Carolina should be improved.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The bad part is we have no evidence of Tepper being able to make good decisions in that realm.

Tepper should be a good owner by leaving management of the Panthers to the professionals and remaining quiet and hands-off.  But, it doesn't seem that he's going to do that.  

2 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Youth movement.  Trade some established veterans in exchange for multiple draft picks while also clearing cap space.  The trade deadline is October 31st.  Acquire key pieces via free agency and find value picks in next year's draft.  If management can do a good job in those regards then I believe Carolina can be a legitimate contender by the 25' season.  It's not happening this year and probably not next year either although Carolina should be improved.  

Better not let Fitts make those picks.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do you even work in real life bro?

If you are bad at your job you don't get to keep it. That's not how you run a successful business by hiring bad employees who are in a position of leadership and teaching.

It's sad people have this mindset, as if they think they can keep a job without producing or meeting the standard. Im so glad I work for nobody. I would lose my mind if I saw someone not doing there job at the company standard. Im getting off track so lets get back to the topic. Sorry had to vent that comment rubbed me the wrong way.

Unfortunately these aren't "real jobs" we are talking about here. The owners invest MILLIONS into these guys. They aren't going to give up on them through 5 weeks into the regular season in their first year no matter how emotional this fan base gets. No one is going to want to come coach here and no free agent is going to sign here if that's how you choose to run your team. Give them time to figure it out that is literally the only option.

• Flames 1

What’s wild is you ask about core pieces, I’m truly not sure that we have any bonafide core guys.

You obviously hope Bryce is, but we’ve seen nothing to suggest so far that he’s our franchise guy. Could he be? Of course! But you are right when you say we are stuck with him for at least next year but honestly probably at least two more years. And I’m far from out on him I still absolutely think he can be a quality starter.

But this roster is brutal. I’d trade anyone for the right price. Even when the Browns went on that playoff drought of like 15-20 years their roster generally had a star or two. Joe Thomas, etc. We have no one anywhere near that quality on our team. 

This is an absolute mess. I think right now we have to figure out if Bryce can be a franchise QB. You need to know that answer sooner rather than later, because if the answer is no the last thing you want is to extend an already failed experiment.

We have to somewhere put a good core around him in the next 12 months. Let next year really be his prove it year. But to do that we need serious upgrades on the OL and at WR. That has to be the priority right now. 

Ideally we see serious improvement in the next 15 months out of Bryce and then can focus on building the rest of the roster. If he’s bad though we should be bad enough to draft another QB by 2026 or so. I honestly don’t see another path forwards right now.

Honestly, there are no 'core' players on this roster.

There are some good ones: Brown, Burns*, Chinn*, Horn (if he can stay healthy), Luvu*, Ekwonu, Corbett, Moton, Bozeman, Thielan.

However, there aren't enough to build around - and there's no exceptional talents (I think Horn could be, Ekwonu could be an All-Pro OG).

We need a new GM to come in with a plan, strip this roster down to the nuts and bolts and start again. 

*if put in the right situations

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Fitterer can be fired and it wouldnt be a bad look. Firing Reich this early would be a bad look. I want him gone as bad as I wanted Rhule gone but we're stuck with him for this year at least. 

However, nothing matters as long as tepper keeps sticking his nose in things

I want Fitterer gone because someone has to pay for this I just worry our prospective candidates will be horrid. I say let this season ride out, without serious improvement you move on from Reich and Fitterer then let your new GM hire the coach of his choice. This timeline we’ve been on of having asynchronous HC/GM hires might feel like a small problem but it’s something you can easily fix. Next regime has to be on the same page from the start.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

The sooner Reich is gone the sooner Bryce has a chance.

I’m against trading any more core assets

here’s my core: Burns, Luvu, Brown, Bryce (you’re stuck with him), Horn (one more year), Ikem, Chinn

there’s no bandaids here, we’re going to stink next year as well cause getting Bryce cost us a pound of flesh. Overpriced FAs won’t be the answer

Many on here will disagree but you solidify your D-line with Brown and Burns, solidify Luvu and admit the error in Reich and Fitterer and get an innovative coach, not a retread who was canned from his last job due to a lackluster start. The longer you wait to remove Reich the more you’re damaging Young. 

Jerry Jeudy isn’t the answer nor is trading away our core

the answer is innovative coaching and experienced GM/scouting abilities.

No one receiver is the answer, but Jeudy is cheap and possibly available and possibly an answer. We need picks more than we need Burns.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

The sooner Reich is gone the sooner Bryce has a chance.

I’m against trading any more core assets

here’s my core: Burns, Luvu, Brown, Bryce (you’re stuck with him), Horn (one more year), Ikem, Chinn

there’s no bandaids here, we’re going to stink next year as well cause getting Bryce cost us a pound of flesh. Overpriced FAs won’t be the answer

Many on here will disagree but you solidify your D-line with Brown and Burns, solidify Luvu and admit the error in Reich and Fitterer and get an innovative coach, not a retread who was canned from his last job due to a lackluster start. The longer you wait to remove Reich the more you’re damaging Young. 

Jerry Jeudy isn’t the answer nor is trading away our core

the answer is innovative coaching and experienced GM/scouting abilities.

We cant draft. Have to pay the right free agents.