• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce will need a special kind of O.C

Jmac

The kid has a disadvantage in height, physical attributes, and arm strength. I still think he can succeed if he  has the right O.C, and a HC that will get out of the way. Let the O.C work to design a  scheme to take advantage of his accuracy and smarts.

He is the guy for at least the next three years. Design plays that roll him out and help him see the field better. He is not going to be your atypical QB. Design plays that maximize his abilities.

Reich is not the guy to achieve this. They need inventive play calling tailored to the QB they chose. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Or they could just call it what it is and just play Dalton.

This year is basically a wash. They have the off season to fiqure this mess out and find the O.C to do the job. They have to much invested in the pick to just give up at this point. 

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

Just now, Jmac said:

This year is basically a wash. They have the off season to fiqure this mess out and find the O.C to do the job.

The fantasy they will build a 49ers type situation around him given the situation is not one I can share, he may find that on his next landing spot as happens in these circumstances. He is going to have to beat someone out of that job next year and I haven't seen anything that leads me to belive he can. Those people haven't figured out anything good and if new people come in then nothing is guaranteed as far as futures. 

So our QB we mortgaged the future and drafted #1 overall can succeed in an ideal situation with perfect coaching, exceptional skill position talent, and an offense that's built from the ground up up to cater to him specifically? Hmm. You know what out #1 overall QB sounds like? Any other QB in the league.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Jmac said:

The kid has a disadvantage in height, physical attributes, and arm strength. I still think he can succeed if he  has the right O.C, and a HC that will get out of the way. Let the O.C work to design a  scheme to take advantage of his accuracy and smarts.

He is the guy for at least the next three years. Design plays that roll him out and help him see the field better. He is not going to be your atypical QB. Design plays that maximize his abilities.

Reich is not the guy to achieve this. They need inventive play calling tailored to the QB they chose. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Completely agree. I have no idea why Frank keeps him in the pocket. The dude is barely 5'10, how do you expect him to read the field when lineman are towering over him. Move him around get some play action, maybe rollout shotgun formation. We need a more creative mind that's for sure.

20 minutes ago, Captroop said:

So our QB we mortgaged the future and drafted #1 overall can succeed in an ideal situation with perfect coaching, exceptional skill position talent, and an offense that's built from the ground up up to cater to him specifically? Hmm. You know what out #1 overall QB sounds like? Any other QB in the league.

& oh yeah you have to take him out of the game for QB sneaks which isn't to sneaky...

Edited by bandu

51 minutes ago, Jmac said:

This year is basically a wash. They have the off season to fiqure this mess out and find the O.C to do the job. They have to much invested in the pick to just give up at this point. 

We also need a GM who can put the right people around him, don’t think Fitt is that guy. And we don’t know if Brown is the right OC because Reich won’t let him take over.

58 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Does this sound like a guy you draft #1 overall AND trade away a bunch of other poo for?

Hell no, and that is the problem. Stupid ass move that will set us back years. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1