• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Ben Johnson already took one look at this poo pile and chose to stay in Detroit. 

What the panthers need to do is something most fans won’t like, and I’m thinking of writing it up in a thread, but I just don’t know if anyone wants a very boring and practical suggestion for how to move forward. 

Hire Belichick after he gets canned?

9 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Ya know. I would like some unequivocal proof that Tepper meddles and is the reason we have no first round pick and a QB only 3 inches taller than me. 
I know there are bits and pieces that suggest he meddles but I would love an actual article that said, “Tepper forced FO to draft Bryce and trade first pick.”

Tepper needs to be an owner in the background. 
While JR influenced firings and hirings he always let the football people be football people. 
The GM fired the HCs and JR fired the GMs and during the coaching search he let the GM take the lead, as he should. 
While JR may of been a perv he did one thing right and that was stay out of the way of the team. 
Tepper needs to do that or at least try it once and see if it works. 
Because I don’t trust Teppers ability to hire the right people. 
He’s failed ever single time. 

Just listen to the man himself. Every time we make on of these bold moves he's there to give a presser and proudly brag about his personal involvement in this decision. Then when it inevitably goes to poo he fades into the background until he throws someone under the bus then he's back in the spotlight once again bragging about his personal involvement in this decision and something about mediocrity not being tolerated and something about analytics and moving forward with a plan.

• Pie 3

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Why fire them when the biggest issue is Teppers fault? Lol

Til tepper removes himself from the building and let's football guys make decisions without his input  it doesn't matter what he does or who's fired. 

You are saying that bit Scott Fitterer is the one who handed out awful contracts and built no key depth. 

tepper just needs to hire a legit GM

• Beer 1

Over the next couple of weeks, you'll begin to hear several names linked to the job but only a handful will end up getting seriously considered. As of Tuesday morning, there are six reported candidates that have an interview scheduled or are expected to interview. Five external candidates and Steve Wilks, who did a remarkable job navigating the team through a season full of adversity.

"He's done a nice job," stated Fitterer. "Out of respect to the process, I don't want to get too far into it but the team was 1-4 and where we finished...the guys kept fighting. A lot of credit to Steve and a lot of credit to the team for that."

Following Tuesday’s introductory press conference for Reich, Fitterer was asked if 2022’s interim head coach Steve Wilks had a real shot at earning the permanent position. He did confirm that idea, but also stated why it was Reich—and not Wilks—in the end.

“He [Wilks] had a legitimate shot,” he said. “You have to give him respect for what he did for this team during the year. He did a heck of a job leading us. He’s a great man.

“But what it came down to, and I’m not gonna compare Frank to Steve or anyone else, Frank during the interview process really separated himself at the end. First time he came in, he was dialed in, laid out his plan. Then when he came back in the second time, he took that plan and went deeper into a different level. And that’s what separated him. All the respect in the world for Steve. He did a great job for us.”

I stand corrected...FIRE FITTS 

2 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

You are saying that bit Scott Fitterer is the one who handed out awful contracts and built no key depth. 

tepper just needs to hire a legit GM

I think Tepper could be more hands off if the GM spot was someone competent who would help build a team and find the right coaches. Probably need more good NFL FO people as well but if you had a GM who was good at the draft and understood we were rebuilding, he’d have made the Burns trade and not given up the house on a not sure thing QB. We’d also have taken Humphrey, Smith and had better starters/depth from the past 3 drafts by not trading away great picks for bad players.

6 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Reich needs to give up playcalling before anything. Unless he's literally refusing to I think firing anyone before that move is a little ridiculous.

That should be Frank's ultimatum. It would be 100% justifiable league wide if he refused and was fired. Let the other coaches coach and audition to keep their jobs.

I think Fitt sticks around until the trade deadline. Reich gives up playcalling over the bye week following another embarrassing loss to Miami. Then if the team loses to Houston after the bye and is 0-7, Fitt gets canned following the trade deadline later that week. Then the whole staff is canned at year-end if they finish with 3 wins or less.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I think Tepper could be more hands off if the GM spot was someone competent who would help build a team and find the right coaches. Probably need more good NFL FO people as well but if you had a GM who was good at the draft and understood we were rebuilding, he’d have made the Burns trade and not given up the house on a not sure thing QB. We’d also have taken Humphrey, Smith and had better starters/depth from the past 3 drafts by not trading away great picks for bad players.

Are we sure the owner didn't influence the GM to make those moves? The owner has his hands all over this. He also writes the checks and if you want to keep getting one I would say that you should probably listen. 

It's hard to separate one from the other at this point.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Bluetooth said:

Over the next couple of weeks, you'll begin to hear several names linked to the job but only a handful will end up getting seriously considered. As of Tuesday morning, there are six reported candidates that have an interview scheduled or are expected to interview. Five external candidates and Steve Wilks, who did a remarkable job navigating the team through a season full of adversity.

"He's done a nice job," stated Fitterer. "Out of respect to the process, I don't want to get too far into it but the team was 1-4 and where we finished...the guys kept fighting. A lot of credit to Steve and a lot of credit to the team for that."

Following Tuesday’s introductory press conference for Reich, Fitterer was asked if 2022’s interim head coach Steve Wilks had a real shot at earning the permanent position. He did confirm that idea, but also stated why it was Reich—and not Wilks—in the end.

“He [Wilks] had a legitimate shot,” he said. “You have to give him respect for what he did for this team during the year. He did a heck of a job leading us. He’s a great man.

“But what it came down to, and I’m not gonna compare Frank to Steve or anyone else, Frank during the interview process really separated himself at the end. First time he came in, he was dialed in, laid out his plan. Then when he came back in the second time, he took that plan and went deeper into a different level. And that’s what separated him. All the respect in the world for Steve. He did a great job for us.”

I stand corrected...FIRE FITTS 

For someone who gets paid a lot of money to evaluate people he sure is really awful at it. Did his mom get him a job in the NFL or something? I’m trying to figure out how he rose this high up the career ladder. 

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Are we sure the owner didn't influence the GM to make those moves? The owner has his hands all over this. He also writes the checks and if you want to keep getting one I would say that you should probably listen. 

It's hard to separate one from the other at this point.

Dave and nicole 100% influenced the #1 pick.  Absolutely no way you can talk me off that all things considered.   I mean person has said as much

• Beer 3