• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The State of the Panthers

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Swirly said:

To be honest, I'm not worried about Bryce yet. He's a rookie and there are going to be growing pains. I just keep reminding myself that Peyton Manning had a pretty bad rookie year as well.

I am so fuggin tired of everybody saying this. Peyton did not have a bad rookie year. Yes, he threw a lot of ints, but he also set the NFL rookie records for completions (326), attempts (575), passing yards (3,739) and touchdown passes (26). Stop with this narrative.

• Pie 4

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The reality is this: it was always going to be a transition, and possibly a rough one.

Now, does that mean Fitterer is a good GM?

No, it doesn't. He certainly had a good enough resumé to be hired as one and I've liked some of what he's done (especially in the front office building department) but the jury's still out.

And despite the feverishly bloodthirsty ranting of some, It also hasn't been proven that he's a bad one. 

As infuriating as it might sound, his grade is still "incomplete".

He's a bad GM.

To even argue he isn't is ridiculous beyond words after some of the messes that Marty Hurney has overseen in years past. This gives those a run for their money if not actually being significantly worse considering what we have mortgaged and traded to get to this point.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2