• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The issue with the team is Tepper…

Doc Holiday

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

The last part. How much is he micromanaging? IDK but it looks bad and eerily similar to the Rhule times even with better coaching. It's not just one guy but that was a giant move and the easist thing to zoom in on and evaluate. He sounds worse than feared.

I'm not sure the coaching is any better. Nothing out there looks any better. And I really hated the Rhule years here.

There's a dysfunction in this team and it has existed through three coaching changes, untold QB changes, changes to defensive philosophy (this is our second attempt to move to a 3-4 defense), a change of field surface, and I really think that it all started back with the change in ownership.

If you can start missing the days of Rivera, Hurney and Richardson, it really doesn't speak well of the current days.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

Dysfunction. The same crap Snyder had for the 25+ years he owned in Washington . Tepper is from the same mold. This team will never be good until he is no longer the owner. 

Frank actually wanted Carr per Joe Person.

but this goes back even further than the whole draft process.  It was the coaching search process.

I remember last fall the reports that were coming out that Tepper desired a “experienced HC”.  It’s why he got all buddy buddy with Sean Payton.  Why  Dan Quinn’s name kept coming up.

Its why Mike McCarthy name was at the top the 1st time and interviewed multiple times before Julie Rhule swooned Dave and Marty over some Meatball.

Then we ended up with another retread HC who dug his grave by going after retread QBs in Indy.  Then immediately got here and wanted Carr.

9 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Dysfunction. The same crap Snyder had for the 25+ years he owned in Washington . Tepper is from the same mold. This team will never be good until he is no longer the owner. 

Albert Breer shared some insight into the current situation (posted elsewhere).

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Im Not Stupid Fran Healy GIF by Travis

It’s still amazing to me that you guys actually think Tepper thought up the point guard mentality for Young meaning that he didn’t need Moore. That IMHO is coming straight from the football guys trying to explain to their boss why DJ Moore is a throw in on a trade up when we had an offer of a 1st for him last season.

The CYA being done by people, who thought Frank and his staff were all-stars (after getting fired from Indy) and the people who still think Fitterer did a good job, is truly astounding.

Frank’s done a terrible job and our Fitterer has plundered our talent. I don’t care if Tepper is involved and wants to see Frank because he keeps losing. Tepper made egregious mistakes by hiring Rhule and likely Frank and keeping bad GMs, but Frank and Fitt would suck even with a hands off owner. 

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Your owner that doesn't know football shouldn't be over riding his front office and coaching staff that he hired to ya know build a team and pick their players. 

It's been a constant problem since he took over and since he took over the Panthers have the worst winning % in the NFL... that's why. 

I'm not saying he should,  I'm saying it wouldn't matter if we had a different QB because frank is not a good coach. Thats what im blaming the owner for more. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

He hired the GM and coach. And he's not responsible?

I feel I’ve been very clear he’s part of the problem but he’s not THE problem. There is no one fall guy for what is going on here. If you’re looking to point a finger at just one person you are absolving far too many others of blame. 

I’m not being naive and just blaming Tepper, who I don’t like, for all the Panthers issues. You’ve watched Panthers game this year, how many guys would you say on the team have been a dawg and are showing that they are absolutely busting their ass regardless of the coaching staff? How many out there are looking like they are giving maximum effort and are having pride in what they are doing?

Theres like four guys on the team who have performed well. If they can, so can the others. How many coaches are doing a great job to push the right buttons to get the most out of these guys? 

Again, at some point the talent needs to take over. Bill B is one of the greatest coaches of all time and his team looks like bums this year. Some years it doesn’t work. Some years players don’t execute. Mac Jones looks like he’s regressed every year. Is that more on Bill or more on Mac? 

The Carolina Panthers in years past on -and short plays could tell you Cam was running the ball for the first down, the defense could know it, and it didn’t matter. He was going to outdo the defense and get the yard. 

Listen to a micd up. There are tons of time Ray Lewis or even Luke here diagnosed a play and shouted to the whole defense what it was before the snap and sometimes we stopped the play and sometimes the other team still got good progress. Knowing is important but execution is most important. 

I can’t blame Tepper because Horn is soft as hell and down every year so our secondary is always in a bind. I can’t blame Tepper that Miles Sanders hasn’t wanted to show up and ball out one single week this season. 

I can’t blame Tepper because the coaching staff hasn’t trusted Bryce to do much more than run screens. 

poo personnel on the field still beats good personnel on the field when it executes. That’s why it’s so rare for a team to go winless or go without any losses. 

Our execution on the football field this season has sucked. That’s not the fault of just one person. 

• Pie 1

Tepper rejected Steichen over a zoom meeting and because he was in too big of a hurry to get some good press after taking one on the chin with Rhule. Obviously he isn't fully responsible for the awful gameday coaching we've seen because he isn't out there designing the scheme or calling plays but he did hire this clown show. He also hired Scott Fitterer who with what we know now is looking more and more like a yes man for Tepper in many ways and it's impossible to know how much of the wheeling and dealing Scott was once known for in a positive light was being pushed by our owner. This shitshow is of his creation in multiple ways. He's clearly very hands on. The buck stops there. Arguing otherwise is a major cope.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm not sure the coaching is any better. Nothing out there looks any better. And I really hated the Rhule years here.

There's a dysfunction in this team and it has existed through three coaching changes, untold QB changes, changes to defensive philosophy (this is our second attempt to move to a 3-4 defense), a change of field surface, and I really think that it all started back with the change in ownership.

If you can start missing the days of Rivera, Hurney and Richardson, it really doesn't speak well of the current days.

I meant better qualified coaching now. I was never a big Frank fan but he is an NFL coach vs the Rhule whathaveyou. How are they worse off than that? 

I 100% agree. Even Rivera looked terrible their last year and that entire big move on D with big names was another giant failure. It is consistently bad and my be worse now which is really a terrible achievement. 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I’m not happy with Tepper because he kept Marty who gave us Rhule and Fitterer who gave us Frank and is a bad GM, but man this is scapegoating IMHO.

Feels like media is trying to turn Tepper into Dan Snyder since there’s a void now of a terrible meddling owner.

I watch Frank’s presser and see an owner who wants his head coach, who promised playoffs, to explain why we are about to be 0-6. That seems reasonable to me. Instead that simple presser has turned into Frank wanted Stroud, which seems complete BS since other people told us he wanted AR and Tepper shoved Young down his throat. Seems like Frank and Fitt’s buddies are trying to save their asses.

It is funny though to now see hurdlers saying Frank wanted Stroud since he’s doing the best when all along the draft everything was Young and that the staff liked AR second.

It's starting to look like Tepper is much worse than even I feared. We are going to have to wait for more to drop but it sounds like it's all headed that way. Frank looked like a beat horse. Tepper getting better at PR but being a complete trainwreck everywhere else is funny in the 'that is what's important to you?' way funny. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not the sort of person who likes conspiracy theories, but there is a possibility there when you factor in narcissistic personality types.

Jerry Jones interpreted the lack of success under Bill Parcells as evidence that his hands-on approach was just as good as allowing a football guy to run things.

Likewise, it's not hard to imagine David Tepper seeing the mess that was made under Rhule as evidence that he needed to be more involved in the day-to-day operation rather than less involved.

That's easily consistent with how Type-A personality people think.

It's not completely out in the open yet but it sure sounds like people are talking now amongst themselves. It does seem to fit with Tepper's personality and some of his faults. I really don't know how this breaks but it's ramping up and I don't see how there isn't more spill over. My guess is Tepper pushes too hard and learns another lesson. I could completely see Tepper taking that same lesson from Rhule's time and stepping up his involvement. 

Reich isn't absolved of playing his part. Neither is Fitterer, and neither is Tepper. $20000 question: how the hell is all this mess going to be addressed? We know Tepper isn't going anywhere, so people may as well stop saying it. Perhaps the criticism will make him reassess and step back a little.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1