• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre-deadline Trade Candidates

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

From NFL.com...

Notable players who could or should be traded before the deadline

Burns is mentioned along with Chinn (which I can understand) and Frankie Luvu (which would shock me) as players The Panthers could potentially trade away.

Other team options I find interesting:

Danielle Hunter

Realistically, about the only way this likely happens is a straight up swap with Brian Burns. That deal only makes sense though if you think Hunter can be had for a more reasonable contract than Burns. He's arguably better, but also older, so it's debatable whether this makes sense.

As far as pass rushers, Frank Clark is also mentioned as a candidate to be shipped out of Denver, but I'm not that interested in him. Carl Lawson and Chase Young are named as possibilities also.

Garrett Bolles

If you're one of the people who believes that Ickey Ekwonu would function better at guard, then getting a solid pass blocking left tackle makes sense. It's also pretty clear Bolles wants out of Denver, but the question there would be what they'd want in return.

For the record, I'm not of the mind that Ekwonu needs to be moved to guard, but If the team insists on sticking with their current blocking scheme, It might become something to think about.

Wide Receivers

Several names are mentioned here including Cortland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Mecole Hardman, Hunter Renfrow, Marquise Brown, Darnell Mooney,  Kendrick Bourne and Juju Smith-Schuster. Most believe the Panthers are looking for a number one type deep threat, but I'd suggest someone with speed and reliable hands doesn't necessarily need to be a deep threat if they can catch short passes and tile up RAC yards like a typical WCO receiver would.

There is also one tight end listed, Hunter Henry. Don't know that the Panthers are in the market for someone like that but I include his name here because it's at least possible.

One final note: I know general speculation has been that the Panthers are in the trade market for at least a receiver, but I've also seen that report disputed by reliable sources. I know Dan Morgan had mentioned a while back that the team isn't really looking to trade away draft picks right now. Has that changed? Unknown.

Yeah, I know it's been discussed but unfortunately #1 WRs aren't available unless they want a big contract or are disgruntled with their situation and we are not a better situation. 

I'd like to see us trade for some talent to surround Bryce with.

Positive Spin: If he's our QB, I'd like to bolster his confidence by giving him a reliable target.

Pragmatic Spin: I want to know how much his receivers not getting open/not getting separation has to do with how poorly he's performing. Again, I want to get to "bust" as fast as possible so we can move on, and consequently, I want to get out of this season with as few question marks as possible. If he's not him, we need to know so we can move on rather than sinking more into propping him up.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From NFL.com...

Notable players who could or should be traded before the deadline

Burns is mentioned along with Chinn (which I can understand) and Frankie Luvu (which would shock me) as players The Panthers could potentially trade away.

Other team options I find interesting:

Danielle Hunter

Realistically, about the only way this likely happens is a straight up swap with Brian Burns. That deal only makes sense though if you think Hunter can be had for a more reasonable contract than Burns. He's arguably better, but also older, so it's debatable whether this makes sense.

As far as pass rushers, Frank Clark is also mentioned as a candidate to be shipped out of Denver, but I'm not that interested in him. Carl Lawson and Chase Young are named as possibilities also.

Garrett Bolles

If you're one of the people who believes that Ickey Ekwonu would function better at guard, then getting a solid pass blocking left tackle makes sense. It's also pretty clear Bolles wants out of Denver, but the question there would be what they'd want in return.

For the record, I'm not of the mind that Ekwonu needs to be moved to guard, but If the team insists on sticking with their current blocking scheme, It might become something to think about.

Wide Receivers

Several names are mentioned here including Cortland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Mecole Hardman, Hunter Renfrow, Marquise Brown, Darnell Mooney,  Kendrick Bourne and Juju Smith-Schuster. Most believe the Panthers are looking for a number one type deep threat, but I'd suggest someone with speed and reliable hands doesn't necessarily need to be a deep threat if they can catch short passes and tile up RAC yards like a typical WCO receiver would.

There is also one tight end listed, Hunter Henry. Don't know that the Panthers are in the market for someone like that but I include his name here because it's at least possible.

One final note: I know general speculation has been that the Panthers are in the trade market for at least a receiver, but I've also seen that report disputed by reliable sources. I know Dan Morgan had mentioned a while back that the team isn't really looking to trade away draft picks right now. Has that changed? Unknown.

Bears will not trade Mooney. The rest I get. He’s one of Fields best friends, they had an off game this week but he’s also open a lot. So they’ll link up more here soon. If the offense is finally starting to click once they dumped Claypool they aren’t going to make any other big changes on offense and Mooney is their third option behind Moore and Kmet.