• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The real problem with Frank Reich

Loyalty4Life

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

But are there any current cutting edge offenses overseen by some offensive dinosaur like Frank though? 

everything is a bad marriage here.  Which point to the lack of vision and direction at the top.  Just a bunch of random parts smashed together.  

Can definitely see your point there too.  It's why you can't buy a championship every year in Baseball no matter how much money you have although the Yankees have actually pulled it off a number of times.

Tepper and most think that if you buy the best parts and hire the best people that will equal success.  The only time that really worked was the NBA dream team.

Tepper didn't do anything his first 2 years except learn and then he took all that knowledge and hired Rhule and allowed him to implement his full vision (much to our sorrow).  As an answer to that he fired Rhule 2.5 years into a 7 year deal and proceeded to hire the best staff money and NFL experience could pull together. 

Shows how incredibly hard it is to do but I still have a lot of faith it can turn into something really good.

He was a declining coach when we hired him and he just took another step this year in the wrong direction. Plenty of the poo that went bad in Indy is on display here with his all-star crew.  

I have no idea if these people can turn it around, even next year. I was never high on the entire crew, even the possible positives are not matched well to flourish. I don't even feel bad for Frank. He should just retire. It would be a mercy to everyone but his opponents. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Frank always say something stupid in post game interviews. Today he stated he didn’t see the difference in no huddle and huddle so he switch to huddle for time management. Who didn’t see the difference, I sure did. Bryce and the team was balling in no huddle. They had Miami on their toes. Then franked switched to huddle, and Bryce started snapping the ball with one second left again and his timing was off again like previous games. His rhythm was completely gone. 

Last week Frank said something about not using TMJ. And today he still didn’t until 5 minutes left in the game. Week before last Frank said he called a play for a player not even in the game. 

Frank is a major problem with this team. Did anyone see the creativity and miss direction play calls Miami ran. It’s a big difference from what Carolina run. The scheme is very old school and predicable.

• Pie 3

I’m not sure I completely get the Reich hate? He’s an offensive guy. Our offense is steadily making progress. Bryce is getting better every game with very few NFL caliber weapons. 

Where is the criticism of Evero? First round picks and talented players all over that D and they’ve given up 40 points three different times. 

Is the offense on fire? No. But it’s a rookie QB and his best weapon is a 33yo cast off from a mediocre (at best) Vikings team. 

The defensive collapse imo is the story here. We all knew the offense would need time. The defense was supposed to float until that happened. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

I’m not sure I completely get the Reich hate? He’s an offensive guy. Our offense is steadily making progress. Bryce is getting better every game with very few NFL caliber weapons

You’re joking right. Of course you aren’t. Offenses has not been making progress. Bryce has not been getting better. 

The big thing that Reich needs to do this bye week is hand over the play calling duties.  Reich needs to concentrate on a head coach.  He can be a good head coach if that's all he does.  Spread his energy and focus to running the team, putting his assistants in the best possible positions to put their players in those positions and be the rah-rah guy in the locker room.

The offensive game has passed Reich.  While things have been looking better in spurts, there is no consistency.  The quicker Reich realizes that, the better.  Can Thomas Brown bring that?  Maybe.  When you look at the better teams in the NFL, they are able to stress a defense.  They force them to make a choice so that you can go after the 2nd option.  Will Brown be better able to coax this from our offensive system?  I'd sure like to find out.

I fell into the trap of "we have a billion years of NFL experience!" and we'll be pretty good.  Lord knows that's what EVERYONE was saying.  But what are we seeing in the NFL now?  Success comes from teams who are smart over experienced.  Teams that understand how the NFL plays in 2023, not 2003.

Will Reich be fired?  Who knows!  If he loses the next two winnable games (and anyone who thought we'd Any Given Sunday the Dolphins...I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you!)  - then I can absolutely see Tepper losing it and firing him.  After the bye, we have a chance to get things rightened with winnable games.  If not..  We'll we know that Tepper is impatient, wants to win, and can eat billions in contracts to get what he wants...  So there's that.

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

I’m not sure I completely get the Reich hate? He’s an offensive guy. Our offense is steadily making progress. Bryce is getting better every game with very few NFL caliber weapons. 

Where is the criticism of Evero? First round picks and talented players all over that D and they’ve given up 40 points three different times. 

Is the offense on fire? No. But it’s a rookie QB and his best weapon is a 33yo cast off from a mediocre (at best) Vikings team. 

The defensive collapse imo is the story here. We all knew the offense would need time. The defense was supposed to float until that happened. 

We scored 14 pts Sunday and got shut out for 3 quarters vs a meh defense.  

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's amazing people pood on Wilks on his way out, yet they think "Frank can be a good coach" when he hasn't won a single game since we hired him.

Frank is trash and a downgrade from Wilks. At least the players played hard for Wilks. This team doesn't even try to do that. Tepper is bad a picking HC's. The next HC hire should come from the new GM.

I liked Wilks. Give Wilks a good modern up and coming OC and we were in business.

• Pie 1