• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Mother F-ing Thielen

tukafan21

7 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I love what he’s doing but if AT is your No1 guy getting force fed you know the rest of our weapons are poo 

While not untrue and yes the rest of our weapons are garbage, I also don't think it's fair to say Thielen is being force fed passes.

WRs who get force fed passes are constantly being thrown contested balls into tight coverage.  The majority of Thielen's catches are wide open with no defender directly on him with a chance to break up the pass.

And that's 100% on Thielen's route running ability, he's crafty and knows how to find the open space in the defense.

It's why he was my #1 wanted FA once we made the trade for the pick, particularly if it was going to be Bryce.  I think Bryce's mental side of the game and Thielen's veteran savvy and knowledge of the game is a perfect fit.  I'm sure he's not always running the intended route, but running into open space near his route and Bryce is smart enough to know what he's going to do and is ready for it.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

While not untrue and yes the rest of our weapons are garbage, I also don't think it's fair to say Thielen is being force fed passes.

WRs who get force fed passes are constantly being thrown contested balls into tight coverage.  The majority of Thielen's catches are wide open with no defender directly on him with a chance to break up the pass.

And that's 100% on Thielen's route running ability, he's crafty and knows how to find the open space in the defense.

Oh definitely just imagine if we had a similar savy player but with extra juice. A bit of YAC would do Bryce and our offence  wonders. Plus some serviceable guards would be lovely 

38 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Oh definitely just imagine if we had a similar savy player but with extra juice. A bit of YAC would do Bryce and our offence  wonders. Plus some serviceable guards would be lovely 

A guy like DJ Moore can help a QB look good. If only Carolina had someone like him.

• Pie 2

Not sure how he keeps getting open because it's pretty obvious he's our only receiving threat. The old guy is burning the rest of his magic for us. We should be doing more for him.

Was nice to see Tommy Tremble out there making some catches. With two catches yesterday he pretty much has been outplaying both Double H and Ian Thomas. That's how low our TE bar has become. 

Glad that we grabbed Thielen but man, he needs some help out there. I just keep having flashbacks to that playoff game years ago when Seattle triple covered Smitty on every play and we were completely shut down. If we were a better team, they'd be doing that to Thielen from here on out.

53 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I love what he’s doing but if AT is your No1 guy getting force fed you know the rest of our weapons are poo 

Isn’t that the OP’s point? This dude is digging sod out of his helmet after diving for for a pass that clearly was uncatchable, while everyone else is standing around. I’ll take that guy as my #1 any day and his numbers back it up, size and speed doesn’t matter, if you can’t get open, catch or show any effort whatsoever. 

27 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

He was called old, slow, and couldn't help bryce up untill the Seattle game. Andy Dalton really showed people AT had something left in the tank. 

I guess he can perform against better defenses as well....

He was genuinely questionable in week 1 with an ankle injury, maybe it’s possible that led to his slow start?