• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario: You’re our GM

WarHeel

I would trade Burns if there were two picks.  A 1st this year and a 3rd next year or a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Perhaps I'd trade Burns for a 1st and a player. 

After the season, I non-exclusive tag him.  Let him go find a contract.  If Burns is really "that guy", then someone should be willing to give him a contract and I get my two 1st rounders.  If they don't, I tag him and keep tagging him until / unless he suddenly comes to his senses and realizes he's Mike Rucker and not Joey Bosa.

• Pie 1

If I were GM then we have to build around Young and unload all defensive vets who would be expensive to keep. Trading the defensive vets would net us some draft picks, and or some offensive players. The defense needs to be made up of young players and cheap vets.

On offense we can keep things as they are (for now) except TMJ needs to be traded if we can get a decent offer. Otherwise he stays as depth. In the future worthless players on offense will be unloaded, but for now we're stuck due to idiotic brain dead contracts handed out by FItt. I'm not going to take major cap hits AND make things even harder on Young by unloading Fitt's poop on offense.

In the off season we're looking for a #1 WR if we can find one for a fair deal. If we can't find one, then we use our draft capital from trading to move up and get a top WR in the 2024 draft assuming one is worthy. The rest of the draft is about replacing defensive players. Also, the money saved from not paying expensive defensive players can be used to go get cheaper defensive vets to plug holes. Then you go into the 2024 season with a better offense, and a worse defense. Young will have a better season as a result, and we can properly evaluate if he's the guy or not. If not, then you have the 2025 first round pick to get a QB. If he's the man, then you rebuild the defense in the 2025 draft. Now you have a 2025 team that can compete.  

Edited by pantherj

56 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

fug that, we can get a first and another pick for him and he is going to be expensive next year.  We dont need any record breaking contracts for this rebuild. 

We don’t need picks. We need good players. He is a good player.

Remember, we essentially traded CMC for Mingo, DJ Johnson, and Zavala.

Picks are great until they turn into players.

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

It’s evident we have many holes to fill and the ball was dropped in management of trade requests prior to the draft. 

To think we could have had Burns for 2 1st rounders and we didn’t jump on it makes me sick to my stomach.

We have no 1st round pick in 2024.

We have traded away our two best offensive weapons in Christian and DJ. Currently our best performer is a guy who was really brought in with the intention of a veteran presence and sure hands for short yardage and 3rd down situations.

I’ve seen speculation of different players on the defense that could be traded such as Chinn, Horn, Jackson, but in reality teams are not necessarily going to come knocking for guys that A) have injury history or B) aren’t going to be able to contribute for the next 4-5 weeks.

Burns makes the most sense to deal, even now retrospectively. 

That being said, what’s the lowest price you take for Burns?

One first round pick? Two first rounders? Combo of a 1st and higher round pick? Straight up player swap?

What is even realistic at this point now that our leverage has taken a huge hit?

Will they even trade Burns at this point?

Thoughts? 

they botched it all.  They should of traded him when they got offered a stupid deal by a desperate team......and they should of been self aware to realize this was 100% a rebuild we were entering. 

BUT they didn't. 

Burns doesn't deserve stupid money.   In the end, I think Burns walks away Julius Peppers style.  We get absolutely nothing for him.   Burns has been on a loser team his entire career.  So I think he will demand stupid money as a means to just walkaway. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CBDellinger said:

I'd raise the bridge, file down the nut and take the buzz of out the low "E."

Funny you should post this; I am faced with this very problem right now although I am almost certain the nut is fine.  Will need to tinker when I get a minute.  But that is a <$200.00 partscaster and not a billion-dollar franchise...

I would have a fire sale, no use in saying who between Horn, Burns, Chinn, TMJ, etc. No use in saying what picks we could get in return, or who we're trading them too.

I would simply trade away anyone with a contract looming and is underperforming. Obviously this isn't Madden and you can't trade them all, but I would come pretty damn close. I wanna see a whole new team, this team is rotten and every player has been touched. From the Rhule era to now.

I would clean house and bring in a young offensive minded coach (Frank Smith, Dolphins OC is my first choice). I would let him choose his staff, keep it young, no retreads or dino consultants. 

use free agency and the draft to assemble an offense that caters to Bryce and give him one more year to see if he's the issue. 

be prepared to start all over and draft a QB in 2025.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I would trade Burns if there were two picks.  A 1st this year and a 3rd next year or a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Perhaps I'd trade Burns for a 1st and a player. 

After the season, I non-exclusive tag him.  Let him go find a contract.  If Burns is really "that guy", then someone should be willing to give him a contract and I get my two 1st rounders.  If they don't, I tag him and keep tagging him until / unless he suddenly comes to his senses and realizes he's Mike Rucker and not Joey Bosa.

I agree with this. Let him find his value.