• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I’ve shifted my focus to the Chargers WR room.

Next year, they’ll have the following WRs under contract:

Keenan Allen

Mike Williams

Josh Palmer

Quentin Johnston (2023 1st Round pick)

Derius Davis (2023 4th Round pick)

As of now, 2024 is the last year of contracts for Allen, Williams, and Palmer. They will be looking to move on from one of them, at minimum, after spending a 1st & 4th on Johnston & Davis this year. My guess is Williams due to the cap savings. 

While Williams would be a good pickup assuming he’s cut or they cover some of the cost, I see Palmer as the prize. Palmer is 24 yo and looks to have the floor of a top end #2 WR. If we can package Jackson or Chinn with a mid-to-late-round pick to attain Palmer this off-season, I hope we make it happen. 

I'd bet that Palmer is re-signed and likely Allen too on a slight hometown discount.

Palmer seems to have a nice connection with Herbert, I don't think they'll want to break that up.

I also want nothing to do with Williams, great talent and is absolutely a game changer, but the guy is a walking injury waiting to happen.  Even when he's not missing games and able to play, he's constantly banged up and not going into games at 100%.

Plus, he'll turn 30 a month into next season, he's older than you'd think at first guess.  I'd rather go after someone like Courtland Sutton who would be cheaper and a year younger

42 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

TMJ + something to swap WRs? Jameson back with his 'Bama QB and TMJ in a change of scenery and not needing to be "the man" behind St. Brown and LaPorta. 

Unless that "something" is a future 1st or Burns, there is no way the Lions even pick up the phone.

He was their first round pick last year who has shown immense potential in his limited playing time, they're not trading him for TMJ.

The only scenario I could see us being able to pry him from them would be Burns + Chark (since he was there last year) for Williams and picks.  But even that is more of a pipe dream since they are going to need to give an extension to Hutchinson after next season and that would be a lot of money to tie up in two DE's as opposed to having a potentially elite WR on a rookie deal.

• Pie 1

On 10/21/2023 at 4:23 PM, Doc Holiday said:

If we trade anything we are dumbasses

Until you look at the teams that can actually move the ball...Hurts, Tua, even Allen were all "in question" until AJ Brown, Tyreek Hill, and Steffon Diggs were traded for. 

Look at how PHI got where they are, almost all trades and trade backs (Carter) .

Standing pat, hoping something falls isn't the way, there has to be some aggressiveness. It's clear we need a WR. How we get on remains to be seen. 

And no DJ Moore is not in those guys category mentioned above. However one of his talent would likely be enough so long as they continue to invest in the offense as a whole. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

Until you look at the teams that can actually move the ball...Hurts, Tua, even Allen were all "in question" until AJ Brown, Tyreek Hill, and Steffon Diggs were traded for. 

Look at how PHI got where they are, almost all trades and trade backs (Carter) .

Standing pat, hoping something falls isn't the way, there has to be some aggressiveness. It's clear we need a WR. How we get on remains to be seen. 

And no DJ Moore is not in those guys category mentioned above. However one of his talent would likely be enough so long as they continue to invest in the offense as a whole. 

Name a trade in the last 5 years that hasn’t bit us in the ass. I dare you!

DK Metcalf makes the most sense to me as a target. The Hawks just drafted JSN. They have a pretty talented group of receivers. DK fits the type of receiver we need. Similar to Hurts excelling after getting Brown. Idk what his trade value is…but he’s 25 and a monster. 

He’s the target imo if a trade gets done. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Would you Madden nerds stay out of this thread? A contending team isn't going to trade us one of their best WRs.

Correct. why would a team do this? 

Only stupid teams like the Panthers trade away their best offensive players. If CMC stays healthy he could be a HOF potential and DJ was the WR that finally “came the closest” to replacing 89….and the Panthers traded them both away. And now they lack offensive playmakers. Sad really. 

The problem we have is players sandbag their way out of Carolina the last 2-3 years.  No one can tell me CMC gave 100% to being available to play for the Panthers after he got that sweet contract and hooked up with his model fiance....they both wanted out of Carolina for the West Coast.

I think Burns is not happy about his contract and he is sandbagging a little too, not totally, but he isn't going 100% every down.

It's really a bad situation, good players don't want to play here.  We can trade for a solid WR and when his contract is up he'll jet.

In all honesty, two years ago we could have re-signed Reddick and Gilmore and our defense would be miles better than what it is.  Reddick made Burns better and Gilmore made our secondary better.  We opted not to and see where we are now.  It sucks and we are not somewhere players want to be. 

2 hours ago, unicar15 said:

DK Metcalf makes the most sense to me as a target. The Hawks just drafted JSN. They have a pretty talented group of receivers. DK fits the type of receiver we need. Similar to Hurts excelling after getting Brown. Idk what his trade value is…but he’s 25 and a monster. 

He’s the target imo if a trade gets done. 

DK won't be made available during the season.

But if JSN balls out the rest of the year, I could see a scenario where they trade DK in the offseason.  He's going to want a new contract after 2024, and if they think JSN can be their new #1, he could be the Tyreek/Brown type of player who becomes available because their existing team doesn't want to dish out a Top 3 WR contract.

22 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

DK won't be made available during the season.

But if JSN balls out the rest of the year, I could see a scenario where they trade DK in the offseason.  He's going to want a new contract after 2024, and if they think JSN can be their new #1, he could be the Tyreek/Brown type of player who becomes available because their existing team doesn't want to dish out a Top 3 WR contract.

DK is the only WR I would trade a future 1st round pick for.

Could be a option in the offseason. I imagine a lot of teams would be interested if he did become available though.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

DK is the only WR I would trade a future 1st round pick for.

Could be a option in the offseason. I imagine a lot of teams would be interested if he did become available though.

No trading a first round pick for anyone until we know what Bryce can be and we're sure we aren't about to be picking in there Top 5 or 10 the year we trade the pick away.

Trading a future first for DK would screw us over if Bryce still sucks and it ends up a Top 5 pick as that could either replace Bryce or take whoever is the top WR in that draft (assuming there is one worth it and there usually is) and get them on a fraction of the contract as DK.

If we get the 2 firsts for Burns, I'd have no problem sending out one of them though, just not our own until we're sure Bryce is the QB of the future.  If we end up in a Josh Rosen/Kyler Murray situation we absolutely bail on Bryce.