• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er fans calling for wilks head!!

Sean Payton's Vicodin

From ESPN:

It was also an unusual call by Wilks. According to NFL Next Gen Stats, it was the first 7-man pass rush in the last 30 seconds of a half in opposing territory since Week 11 of 2020. Asked after the game if he was OK with the call, Niners coach Kyle Shanahan said it would be a topic his staff will talk about in the coming days.

"That's something we'll discuss throughout this week," Shanahan said. "Obviously, I did not like the result."

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well in fairness Wilks didn't throw two very ugly 4th quarter interceptions.

What are they going to do,  turn to darnold?  Lol.  Kyle Allen was also something like 5-0 as a starter until he wasn't.  They probably should have held on to Lance 

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, toldozer said:

What are they going to do,  turn to darnold?  Lol.  Kyle Allen was also something like 5-0 as a starter until he wasn't.  They probably should have held on to Lance 

Well some folks on the huddle did tell me Darnold would look good in San Fran 😉

I don't know what Purdy will be long term but I do think the narrative around him reached obnoxious levels and was fed by the league because of where he was drafted so it's good to see that bubble finally burst. And it was a beautiful sight seeing Shanahan look dejected on the sidelines.

With how weak the NFC is they will probably bounce back though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a sad and pathetic thread and proves some people just hated Wilks.

Before this game people were talking about the 49ers like they were the best team in football. Now that they lose without 2 of their top 5 players Trent/Deebo you chose to make a topic about Steve Wilks.

OP couldn't wait to make this topic. He been waiting for Wilks to lose a few games.lmao

Meanwhile we are the worst team in football and Frank hasn't won a game since we hired him over wilks. You guys should think before you make these dumb topics.

I think Brock Purdy has been getting exposed these past few games far more than Wilks.  Shanny is gonna have to consider putting the #GEQBUS in at some point.  I legit think that Shanny would have Darnold playing like an All Pro in that system.  Sam is light years more physically gifted than Purdy.

53 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Darnold would straight up cook in that offense.  Argue with ya mama. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a sad and pathetic thread and proves some people just hated Wilks.

Before this game people were talking about the 49ers like they were the best team in football. Now that they lose without 2 of their top 5 players Trent/Deebo you chose to make a topic about Steve Wilks.

OP couldn't wait to make this topic. He been waiting for Wilks to lose a few games.lmao

Meanwhile we are the worst team in football and Frank hasn't won a game since we hired him over wilks. You guys should think before you make these dumb topics.

For me- I don't hate Wilks by no means and I think he is a good defensive coach but I do feel like his record last season was way overblown.

Had they won the last game against Tampa Bay, I feel like he would have probably won the HC position but quite honestly, I feel like neither should be HCs and we should've gone the "young offensive mind" route. 

• Pie 3