• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Many of You Would Actually Want a Trade for a WR

Hoenheim

Trade draft picks for a wr???  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade multiple picks for a wr?

• Yes
    • No

For example look at this proposed trade.  I personally would be upset and wouldn't agree with it unless it's for a devante Adam's caliber player.  We're already missing a 1st in 2024 and a 2nd in 2025, you want to cripple those drafts even further by more unknown caliber wrs?? 

Screenshot_20231024_081818_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hoenheim

You can acquire players cheaper in season than you can in the off-season. If the right player who can be a legitimate long term piece is there for the right price then go ahead and make a trade. But they shouldn’t go fireselling their own guys.

it’s a quick hit of dopamine for the fanbase to see the endless hope of a DRAFT PICK (while the player in question goes and becomes and MVP candidate) before reality comes missiling back to earth the following season when mid round picks play like mid round picks 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

You can acquire players cheaper in season than you can in the off-season. If the right player who can be a legitimate long term piece is there for the right price then go ahead and make a trade. But they shouldn’t go fireselling their own guys.

it’s a quick hit of dopamine for the fanbase to see the endless hope of a DRAFT PICK before the player in question goes and becomes and MVP candidate before reality comes missiling back to earth the following season when mid round picks play like mid round picks 

This, people value pics a bit too much, once you're outside that top 15ish, the odds go down. 

If you're gonna trade, trade for LEGIT guys, and not fillers. And don't trade your best players for pics hoping to replace that All Pro talent when you could've just kept them. 

We need to ADD talent not jettison it. Hit FA, and I'd consider trading back at the top of Rd 2, to add a couple more middle round picks to address depth. 

Depends on who we are getting and what we are giving up. I wish we did what the Falcons did for Jefferson. It was like a 6th/7th swap. I even kind of like some of the Sutton trade suggestions. It was like a 5th and future 6th. Basically late picks for an average WR or higher picks if it’s truly a great young WR which typically aren’t available. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Growl said:

it’s a quick hit of dopamine for the fanbase to see the endless hope of a DRAFT PICK (while the player in question goes and becomes and MVP candidate) before reality comes missiling back to earth the following season when mid round picks play like mid round picks 

This. The only players available at this point are from bad teams ready to fire sale or problem pieces on decent teams. Good teams are nosing around the potential fire sales and bad teams are trying to figure if they can get above market value from a team trying to find that key piece to make a run. It's not hard to figure out which group we fall into.

• Beer 1

We need way more than just a wr we are 0-6 for a reason so why give up more draft capital that we really honestly don't have....

We have WRs on this team they are the best at what they do or they would not be in the NFL it comes down to coaching and play calling so if the coaches can't coach or coaches can't call the right plays they don't need to be here....

I miss the days of building through the draft and resigning our own players not this trading all of our draft picks for someone that won't work out, you have a better chance of drafting a great player than getting a super star from another team because who is to say he will do the same thing here with our play calling and after getting his payday.... 

I don't really have a problem with trading for guys if the deal is right. We used a second rounder on TMJ and he hasn't ever got over 500 yards so it doesn't really make sense to me to be against giving up a 3rd or 4th rounder for someone like Jeudy who has had 900 yards (give or take) a couple of times.

That's not to say I want Jeudy because there's clearly some issues there and his salary is probably more than you'd want to pay, but generally speaking trading for that sort of standard of player wouldn't be an issue for me. What are the chances of getting a 900 yards receiver with a 3rd round pick in the draft?

Edited by Billy Goat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1