• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst draft pick in NFL history….

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I will stand by my take that I had after week 1, the kid doesnt have a nfl arm.  Its brutally obvious after today.  Goddamn he floats his passes

I told everyone before the draft that his arm was NFL average at best and that it was my opinion he had a below average NFL arm. But his arm is significantly worse than I thought. When he doesn't have plenty of runway to step up he can't generate any velocity at all.

• Pie 3

Just now, Harbingers said:

Why did anyone think we had a roster to compete. We have 60 million in dead money, no depth and a bunch of injury prone starters 

FUG. 

Because we won some meaningless games against bad teams down the stretch last year with a very conservative game plan that wouldn't translate to a full season of success.

These guys looked at that and convinced themselves that if we just add a legit franchise QB and an offensive savant we'd be right there. Then they drafted Bryce Young and hired Frank Reich. 😂

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I told everyone before the draft that his arm was NFL average at best and that it was my opinion he had a below average NFL arm. But his arm is significantly worse than I thought. When he doesn't have plenty of runway to step up he can't generate any velocity at all.

brother we were soldiers in arms leading up to the draft but goddamn if nicole and dave didnt put their noses where they didnt belong...........

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Prowler2k18 said:

The difference is the 9ers were correct in their assessment. The Panthers obviously were not. This is the price of incompetence.

I honestly think they initially made that trade for Mac Jones and got shook by the media and fan doubt. There was way too much smoke to that rumor for there not to have been some fire there. Jones isn't very good either but if they'd made that pick I think Jones is a little better version of Purdy.

• Beer 1

Not the worst draft pick, but I think the worst trade in NFL history all things considered (Bryce is bad, but he's not Leaf/Russell bad).

It's also totally different than the 49ers Lance trade because they had a fully built out team, they took a shot on what a lot of people felt could be an elite QB, it at least made sense to go for that move.

This one never made sense to me, I never saw it with Bryce, his physical limitations were a huge red flag from day 1, I just tried to trust the "football people" that he had this super brain that would allow him to overcome those issues, spoiler alert, it won't.

We traded away a stupid haul only to take the most physically limited QB ever taken in the first round of the draft, let alone #1 overall.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 5