• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would anyone other than the #1 overall pick still be starting at this point?

Captroop

Panthers are in a tough spot

they billed themselves a plug in a QB and win team. 

we have been horrid.  So let’s say you want argue Bryce isn’t the problem….then you have to identify the problems (and they have to be big ones)….and change them. 

you basically have to at a bare minimum have to pick Bryce, GM or coaches.  I’d love for the sunshine brigade to start addressing where the change is supposed to come from. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Panthers are in a tough spor….

we have been horrid.  So let’s say you want argue Bryce isn’t the problem….then you have to identify the problems (and they have to be big ones)….and change them. 

you basically have to at a bare minimum have to pick Bryce, GM or coaches.  I’d love for the sunshine brigade to start addressing where the change is supposed to come from. 

You're giving the OL a pass huh?

7 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

You're giving the OL a pass huh?

I largely put that on management of the entire operation.  If you asked Joe Burrow to run Lamar Jackson’s O and Burrow then sucks….is that Burrow sucking or the Bengals being clueless with their talent?   If we put Thielen on the outside and run go routes all game and he finished with 0 additional catches the rest of the year? Did Thielen get worse or is he be asked to do  the wrong thing.

This OL was not built nor acquired to run this offense.   They don’t fit it nor what they are asked to be each week.   

So I largely put it on coaching and management.   Even if this O is their ideal vision they don’t have the talent for it yet.  And they aren’t adjusting to that fact.  At all. 

The OL sucks. They 100% suck.  I just think you gotta acknowledge why they suck and it’s a choice the staff made. 

• Pie 4

He certainly isn't worth building around in the future and at this point they should flip the oline back to late last year and if he isn't good enough to play in last years easy oline scheme then it really doesn't matter.

I don't think anyone involved can afford that yet. Until the blame potato firmly lands on someone that won't really be an option.

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Panthers are in a tough spot

All of the above. Bryce is one of many problems, but he is still a problem.  His play has done nothing to suggest he would suddenly become elite with better surroundings. Just average to above average at best. Not what you are looking for in a #1 overall.

Edited by KillerKat