• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire whom??? The Teppers picked the QB

Jmac

31 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It’s sad that it’s come to this but just move the team. Its our only way out as fans. 

Moving the team would change nothing, except give those who want to quit being fans an excuse.  If the Panthers move, I'd probably lose a lot of interest in the NFL.  Like when the Hornets left, I just stopped caring about the NBA - and even now have a hard time getting pumped for the Hornets.

I'm not going to tell anyone how to fan.  Do what you need to do be happy.

But the Teppers do not care what we think on this board.  They are going to make money because the NFL is the biggest sport in the land.  Heck, do they really care about how many tickets are sold versus the TV money?

Just now, d-dave said:

Moving the team would change nothing, except give those who want to quit being fans an excuse.  If the Panthers move, I'd probably lose a lot of interest in the NFL.  Like when the Hornets left, I just stopped caring about the NBA - and even now have a hard time getting pumped for the Hornets.

But the Teppers do not care what we think on this board.  They are going to make money because the NFL is the biggest sport in the land.  Heck, do they really care about how many tickets are sold versus the TV money?

I'd just go back to what I did prior to the Panthers drafting Julius Peppers which was basically just being a general NFL fan. I had favorite players more so than favorite teams and would tune in to watch my favorite players or just tune into whatever the most intriguing game on at the time was.

Hell, I'm already halfway there to be honest. I'm honestly watching Sam Howell far more intently this year than I am the Carolina Panthers.

David Tepper has sucked the joy out of being a Panthers fan. We were never consistently good but we were good often enough to maintain hope. Tepper has taken hope out back and executed it unceremoniously.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, d-dave said:

Here's the funny part, we were 9th in attendance last year. 7th so far this year: https://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2022

If we don't buy the tickets, the transplant fans of other teams will. We're basically fuged no matter how you slice it. I think the point of his post though was that if they moved we could maybe get another expansion team with a hopefully not meddling owner and get to start over. Won't happen though because there aren't really any better markets out there. All we can do is pray that Tepper is visited by three spirits and vows to change his meddling ways. Which... lol. 

46 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That was the most cringe story I have heard from them to date.  The hottest coaching candidate who has literally developed 2 qbs and you cross him off your list because of a "bad zoom interview" while he is prepping for the playoffs.  Its doesnt get more moronic then that. 

It felt like Frank was the guy the entire process and the rest was just going through the motions. 

7 minutes ago, blackcat said:

Our only hope is that Tepper looks as the lack of success his time as owner and realizes that he's the common denominator, decides to step back and out of football decisions, and lets professionals do it.  I don't think that will ever happen though....

You’re right, it won’t. If you look at it from a high level, all sports teams are increasing in value at crazy rates. Tepper is almost certainly using the Panthers as an investment with the added benefit of playing owner/GM. It doesn’t matter how bad the on-field is, the value of the organization will just keep going up significantly. 

19 minutes ago, Martin said:

As a newer owner I would be interested to see how a pro day works etc. But I would not be part of the decision. You intentionally ignored that part before you grouped me with some major dirt bags. 

I'd be interested to see how managing a billion dollar hedge fund works but going to work with Dave one day wouldn't give me any real level of understanding. Him being there influences decisions. Adding Nicole to the mix by taking a class made it exponentially worse. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

David Tepper has sucked the joy out of being a Panthers fan. We were never consistently good but we were good often enough to maintain hope. Tepper has taken hope out back and executed it unceremoniously.

Well put. Here's the ironic thing. Tepper was the one who was preaching that the franchise needed "sustained success" instead of "sustained mediocrity". Tepper was the one who cited the fact that Carolina has never had back to back winning season when he purchased the team.

Well, we may not have had back to back winning seasons prior to Tepper's arrival. But, we were never the laughingstock of the NFL either. We've been to two Super Bowls. Every other other year or Carolina was either a playoff team or at least competing for a playoff spot. Even in our down years we'd win 6-8 games per year and be somewhat competitive on the field.  Our franchise never came close to having 5 straight losing seasons (Six if you count the current year). We've had good/great players on the field who were exciting to watch on Sundays. Right now I don't believe we have one player on the roster that a fan of another fan would pay money to see. 

I was not upset when Jerry Richardson sold the team. I thought it would be the start of a new era of sustained success. Now, I long for the days of "sustained mediocrity". It's much better than "sustained suck"

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Well put. Here's the ironic thing. Tepper was the one who was preaching that the franchise needed "sustained success" instead of "sustained mediocrity". Tepper was the one who cited the fact that Carolina has never had back to back winning season when he purchased the team.

Well, we may not have had back to back winning seasons prior to Tepper's arrival. But, we were never the laughingstock of the NFL either. We've been to two Super Bowls. Every other other year or Carolina was either a playoff team or at least competing for a playoff spot. Even in our down years we'd win 6-8 games per year and be somewhat competitive on the field.  Our franchise never came close to having 5 straight losing seasons (Six if you count the current year). We've had good/great players on the field who were exciting to watch on Sundays. Right now I don't believe we have one player on the roster that a fan of another fan would pay money to see. 

I was not upset when Jerry Richardson sold the team. I thought it would be the start of a new era of sustained success. Now, I long for the days of "sustained mediocrity". It's much better than "sustained suck"

Oh, he came in talking a BIG game. We were to bask in the glow of being in the presence of his greatness and needed to acknowledge and give thanks for the bounties he would bestow on us.

Well, what about now?

Is there any evidence for anything that has been said in this thread?  Or are we just speculating?

I'm not defending Tepper as an owner.  Clearly the positive results haven't been there.  But I'm also not a fan of stating things as facts without any supporting evidence or inside knowledge.  What is the most credible source that has come out and said, "Tepper pushed for Bryce Young over who Reich and Fitterer wanted"?   

It just feels like a way to absolve Reich and Fitt from blame.  The fact is all of them deserve criticism for everything that has happened.  Unfortunately only 2 can be fired.  

Edited by Mage

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

When that report came out about Tepper being blown away by Bryce at their dinner date because of his football IQ, it was a wrap. Same crap was said when he interviewed Rhule, guy doesn’t know poo. 

Then let him coach the fuging team. I don't care if my qb can lead pizza and protection meetings (which we suck at by the way) I care if he can throw the ball farther then 20 fuging yards

1 hour ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

You’re right, it won’t. If you look at it from a high level, all sports teams are increasing in value at crazy rates. Tepper is almost certainly using the Panthers as an investment with the added benefit of playing owner/GM. It doesn’t matter how bad the on-field is, the value of the organization will just keep going up significantly. 

EXACTLY, the only result he cares about is money.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

Yes, cases like Nicole who on zero merit gets placed into decision making roles is happening all over corporate America.  The original post was highlighting how she knew nothing about football

Most executives are placed there because of systemic advantages they were given thats pretty much the way its always been