• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Carr syndrome

Jmac

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I don’t think he looks shell shocked or panicky, he just hasn’t played well

I kinda disagree. I think that he hasn't looked panicky, but I think that he has most certainly looked "frenetic" when under pressure at times. It's mainly when the pocket breaks down immediately. On a couple of occasions, he started abandoning the pocket before he really had to, probably because they were getting to him pretty good. In that respect, I see some cracks.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, TN05 said:

He needs to play all of this year and the next year so we can be absolutely certain he’s a bust before we draft number one again.

I hear you but I will take a different approach. We need to sit him to find out if the rest of the offense has anything to keep. As an example- All of us thought the O-Line was legit going into this season. Now- they look terrible. Is it Young making them look bad? I would like to see Dalton play just to see how the line looks. 

8 minutes ago, thennek said:

I hear you but I will take a different approach. We need to sit him to find out if the rest of the offense has anything to keep. As an example- All of us thought the O-Line was legit going into this season. Now- they look terrible. Is it Young making them look bad? I would like to see Dalton play just to see how the line looks. 

No. Figuring out if Bryce is a bust is the number one priority. We can’t do that unless our superprocessor is on the field

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TN05 said:

No. Figuring out if Bryce is a bust is the number one priority. We can’t do that unless our superprocessor is on the field

LOL- Superprocessor. I want to believe he is the answer but I have a lot doubt. I was always concerned about his size even before he was the Panthers pick. 

9 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

@frankw said it best if we have to coddle Bryce mentally we've already lost. That was the whole point of drafting the dude.

I never bought the "soft benching" theory after he hurt his ankle because of that.  There wasn't even a whisper of a knock on him mentally during the scouting process. 

It's played out here as he gotten turned into a meat crayon in the pocket over and over.  He just jumps back up and gets back to the line.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I kinda disagree. I think that he hasn't looked panicky, but I think that he has most certainly looked "frenetic" when under pressure at times. It's mainly when the pocket breaks down immediately. On a couple of occasions, he started abandoning the pocket before he really had to, probably because they were getting to him pretty good. In that respect, I see some cracks.

Yeah, he is showing signs of early onset David Carr Battered QB Syndrome(DCBQS). 

It’s all cumulative.  He is moving on from reads too quickly, partly because he doesn’t trust his line.  Receivers are not challenging defenders and give up on routes often.

There is no sense of fire or urgency.  We desperately need a run game to take the pressure off Bryce until he can settle down and be comfortable. 

• Pie 1

I really think we should play Andy. Make clear to the media, it's not Bryce's fault and we aren't giving up on him. But these are clearly not the weapons to help Bryce thrive. Dalton might actually be able to throw to Chark, TMJ and, of course, Thielen...because of his style as a passer.

Then, in the off season, we find weapons more suited to Bryce's style.