• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Return of the bubble screens?

MtnJax

18 minutes ago, Jmac said:

This staff didn't have the foresight to see that the personal couldn't run the scheme they wanted for Bryce....the A1 staff. Good job

This is what kind of blows my mind. You trade away so much to get a QB that doesn't even fit our roster lol. Like wtf. Like what the fug is this staff looking at

• Pie 3

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Our WR's can't create down field separation so the solution is to call more screens to allow the defense to cheat up even more and pin their ears back and attack us? Not to mention the only WR who can consistently create after the catch is Viska and he's currently hurt. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

This is what kind of blows my mind. You trade away so much to get a QB that doesn't even fit our roster lol. Like wtf. Like what the fug is this staff looking at

They actually built the roster in the offseason - new RB, new TE, 3 new WRs. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I have to agree. We went out and got these players and it wasn’t like we waited. We even turned down other, better, and even cheaper fits.

the bad roster isn’t an excuse I’m willing to let them slide on

• Pie 3

Bubble screens only work when you spread out the defense and they have to worry about the back end.  No team respects Bryce's deep ball. NONE of them.  Defenses know they can just worry about what's in front of them and that's why the bubble screens get smothered because they can play downhill.

• Pie 5

10 hours ago, Call Me James said:

I have to agree. We went out and got these players and it wasn’t like we waited. We even turned down other, better, and even cheaper fits.

Yep. Reich and his system had already been brought in. Everyone knew the plan was to get to 1 to draft Young when they built this roster.

• Pie 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:05 PM, Call Me James said:

The staff is just bad. I know Tepper, Tepper, Tepper but I think Fitt and Reich were given the chance to get what they thought would work and failed miserably. It’s not surprising if you look back and don’t just blame Rhule for everything bad. Our 2021, 2022 and 2023 drafts don’t look much different (reaches, bad evaluations) and we traded up/traded picks way more after Hurney left and after Rhule left this year as well.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

The staff is just bad. I know Tepper, Tepper, Tepper but I think Fitt and Reich were given the chance to get what they thought would work and failed miserably. It’s not surprising if you look back and don’t just blame Rhule for everything bad. Our 2021, 2022 and 2023 drafts don’t look much different (reaches, bad evaluations) and we traded up/traded picks way more after Hurney left and after Rhule left this year as well.

Nothing has seemed cohesive since Tepper took over. It has always felt like our roster hasn't matched what were trying to do on the field. The only time it came close was after Rhule was fired and Wilks took over. Likely because Tepper was fully focused on the future direction of the organization so he probably just left Wilks and company alone down the stretch because he was checked out on the season at that point.

• Pie 2