• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Frank Reich has talked to staff about his 'unknown job security'

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper starting from scratch is a nightmare scenario for me unless he brings in someone to help him out.

Ehhhh I get that but  if you think about it he’s never been in that scenario. The mismatch ness of the operation has been kinda a cluster.

plus you can’t rely on other voices sometimes

We used outside to hire gettlemen, the bears did the same for poles and Eberflus…sometimes those search groups aren’t what they are cracked up to be.

If I would have told you that the Bills hiring Brandon Beane was a good thing years ago you would have laughed at me. Sometimes it’s about swinging and missing which I have come to learn is part of this league if you like or not.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Ehhhh I get that but  if you think about it he’s never been in that scenario. The mismatch ness of the operation has been kinda a cluster.

We used outside to hire gettlemen, the bears did the same for poles and Eberflus…sometimes those search groups aren’t what they are cracked up to be.

If I would have told you that the Bills hiring Brandon Beane was a good thing years ago you would have laughed at me. Sometimes it’s about swinging and missing which I have come to learn is part of this league if you like or not.

But someone with NFL exec experience can look at a coach like Frank and a roster like ours and see they aren't built for each other. Doing that would have made someone realize trading so many picks and DJ away would make it extremely difficult to rebuild a roster to fit that offensive scheme. At that point they should have seen BY wasn't ready to be dropped in as a plug and play QB. That's the difference between Tepper and an NFL exec. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

The inevitable downward spiral of it all.  Reich fired after one year and no one worth a crap will be willing to work with Tepper.  A third coaching staff/scheme in the last three years to help the development of the wonderful draft picks. The entire next season will also suck.  

There's only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL in the world. Someone will definitely want the job, and a good chance someone young and hungry.

• Pie 5

I still get a giggle out of all the Panther front office defenders that have spent weeks calling people conspiracy theorist for acknowledging stuff is dicey behind the scenes and whatever the company is selling doesn’t smell right. 

Frank gave the signal when he talked about his unpleasant Dave convos right before he turned play calling over.  And then suddenly out of nowhere gave Thomas Brown the playcalling.   Frank wasn’t speaking the truth there.  Not saying he should speak it.  Just that he wasn’t speaking the truth about what was going on.   That clearly wasn’t his plan all along.  

and when Thomas Brown started calling an even worse version of Frank’s O than Frank…it looks to of got ramped up again on Frank again by Dave.  Frank’s job is in jeopardy. That’s what the clear sign is at this point.  And it frankly should be.  

For all Tepper’s flaws and issues…..Frank has done a really poor job and done so from the jump.   Tepper being horrible doesn’t mean he isn’t right about Frank doing a subpar job.    

Frank and Fitt both need to go at the end of this year.  Dave needs to hire someone to run the team and let them hire a new HC/GM.  

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Not a fan of hoping a guy who doesn't know what he's doing just somehow gets lucky.

He's got an easy connection with loads of experience as a winner in Kevin Colbert. Don't know why he wouldn't take advantage of that.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not a fan of hoping a guy who doesn't know what he's doing just somehow gets lucky.

He's got an easy connection with loads of experience as a winner in Kevin Colbert. Don't know why he wouldn't take advantage of that.

From my understanding Tepper has asked for opinions and I wouldn’t be shocked if Colbert is involved somehow.

It makes absolutely zero sense to let Reich go during the season.  None.  There is nothing to be gained.  None of the candidates who we might want to talk to are available.

If you're cleaning house, it does make some sense to show Fitts the door.  You can start that search now, you can take your time and do it right.  Maybe even hire consultants and get out of the way if you're Tepper.

Then when it's time to hire a coach, you have a new GM in place and can bring in other consultants to help the GM bring in the new HC.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

There's only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL in the world. Someone will definitely want the job, and a good chance someone young and hungry.

Not getting serious consideration from one of the 31 other opportunities.

Forgot about that part.

I can't imagine anyone honestly picking to come here over anywhere else at this point.

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, BrianS said:

It makes absolutely zero sense to let Reich go during the season.  None.  There is nothing to be gained.  None of the candidates who we might want to talk to are available.

If you're cleaning house, it does make some sense to show Fitts the door.  You can start that search now, you can take your time and do it right.  Maybe even hire consultants and get out of the way if you're Tepper.

Then when it's time to hire a coach, you have a new GM in place and can bring in other consultants to help the GM bring in the new HC.

I agree with everything you wrote. What if Frank is no longer motivated to stick it out? What if problem could be Frank’s heart is no longer in it? When you listen to his press conferences and check his demeanor on the sidelines, not to mention the in-game errors that a veteran coach shouldn’t be making, it just seems that something is definitely off.

If there’s rising tension between the owner and HC, and Tepper is not known for being patient with HC’s, a parting of the ways sooner rather than later might be an eventuality.

Edited by Prowler2k18