• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones piece this morning on the latest in Carolina

ncfan

13 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

The don’t want him to get hurt, and the OL sucks, so they haven’t run a single RPO all year.

Literally, the only thing in Bryce’s control is to run more when nothing is open instead of throwing the ball away or waiting and taking a sack. If no one is open or coming open, tuck and run. He’s tried long enough to wait and hope someone comes open, it’s just not going to happen 

We've run RPO.  People get RPO confused with zone read all the time. 

What Cam did was a zone read.  It's primarily a running play where you are reading a key defender to decide whether the tailback gets the ball or the QB pulls and runs.  Sometimes you'll have a pass option worked into that, but it's usually designed as a run.  We would be so far beyond stupid to have Bryce do any of this it doesn't even bear conversation.

An RPO is a play that often looks similar to a zone read at the mesh point.  The difference is that the QB is reading a key defender to decide if the tailback gets the ball or he pulls it to throw.  This is the stuff Bryce "should" be good at.  We were sold he was a super smart guy, reading that defender and creating a no win scenario for him should be right in BY's wheelhouse.

• Pie 3

Duce Stanley probably still has Ben Johnson's number from where they were together in Detroit the last couple of years. Maybe Tepper had Deuce send a friendly text to ask if he's interested? It's a long shot but that's the dream. We are his hometown and childhood's favorite team, and he already has familiarity with Duce and Todd Wash who are already on staff and if Evero doesn't get a HC gig then he already has a top DC here and ready to go. 

15 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

The sharks might already be one of the coaches.

Yep

i feel bad for the DC.  on the field constantly, mass amounts  of IR’ed personnel   He also has managed to look like a pro team even without the personnel for his system   He will be severely tested today 

he and Tabor are all I would keep…the GM, scouts, offensive staff, head coach, bye

The Panthers have players and staff, and have for a few years, that are just glad to be here, get checks and participation awards and I’m sick of being every other team’s get well game for the past six years 

hire a consultant if needed but do something …you have to know to fold a losing hand

and, what is trotted out in this field is  a poo fest of all poo fests…let’s start with a QB without the physical tools to be a running threat to protect himself and help this anemic offense   All the defense needs to do is crowd the middle and it’s over   I’d be bringing in legitimate competition for him as well   

The Panthers only hope today is a Dallas sleepwalk. …truthfully, I’m not sure the Panthers could score if they were the only team in the field. 

• Beer 1

It makes sense to want the job if you believe in Bryce. Have him on a rookie deal. I’d imagine the sharks also want to be GM though which leads me to two candidates:

1) belicheck - I think this is not conceivable and not happening

2) harbaugh - I think this is much more realistic and is a no brainer