• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honestly I don't even blame Reich for this

TN05

13 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I'm numb to it all now and just don't care anymore this season. It's easier this way

Same, my only problem was that at least I had my fantasy season to care about, so it was easier to just be numb towards the Panthers and not care.

But I got eliminated from the playoff race today thanks in large part to Thielen's worst game of the season, so it might just make me frustrated with the Panthers again in the coming weeks.

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Reich was probably brought into this with the idea of drafting his QB and picking his staff. He got the staff... but Tepper demanded Young. Reich caved. And now Young looks really bad, and Reich looks bad as a result.

The real problem here is Tepper. Reich isn't a great coach, but I don't think he's this bad. Every bit of our offseason lands on Tepper. The knives are going to start coming out once heads roll, and I think a lot of people are going to start talking about how this wasn't their choice once they lose their jobs.

Let me tell you, as a longtime Colts fan, and watching the Panthers this year, our problem in Indianapolis for so many years was not our talent level, it was our coaching. Chuck pagano/Frank Reich were most definitely our problem, both wonderful human beings, but in over their heads in the modern NFL. 

The only thing that saved Pagano and Reich for so long was Andrew Luck being Elite... Once he left, it was obvious our coaching staff was continually letting our players/Fans down...

Bryce Young is a good albeit small QB, he can win in this league, your roster is not as bad as it looks either, the colts instantly turned it around with our new HC who understands the modern NFL, scheme, Speed,Space is what wins in the league these days, and sorry to say, but Reich doesn't and never had schemed around those modern ideals, it's way past time for him to go, you need a modern schemer, built for todays game, if you get that, look out, Bryce and this team can make some noise, I mean look at what Indianapolis is doing with a less than ideal QB/Roster. 

Coaching is the issue here, from a colts/Panthers fan, 

Better days are ahead.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

24-61 since the Steelers/Cam nightmare.  28% win rate.  

10 different starting QBs: Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke, Will Grier, Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker, Finished-Cam, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Bryce Young, & Andy Dalton

Like, you have to try to be this bad.  

Even the other terrible franchises have found some studs in the making.  We have whiffed on virtually every QB move, every draft pick, & every coaching decision.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

We are 1-10. Even if Bryce was forced on Reich, what about the rest of the roster? He was here when our wide receiving corps was taking shape, for our awful draft, and for completely failing to adapt to the personnel on his roster. He’s failed in every aspect as a head coach this season and deserves to be fired regardless of the owner being an imbecile.

When the team is as bad as it is you need a new GM, coach, and QB. If anyone of them was worth a sh*t  we wouldn't be the worst team in the NFL.

• Pie 2

I might agree with you if he had a whole bunch of success in Indy. Fact of the matter is, the reasons why that fanbase was eager to rid themselves of Frank are rearing their ugly heads here. Lack of innovation. Stale offense, lack of movement - motion, etc. 

If Frank got C.J. like he wanted instead of Bryce, would we be better right now? Sure. C.J. is undoubtedly better. But we'd also be deriding Frank for not getting the best out of CJ like we did Ron Rivera and Shula Cam's entire time here. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TN05 said:

Reich was probably brought into this with the idea of drafting his QB and picking his staff. He got the staff... but Tepper demanded Young. Reich caved. And now Young looks really bad, and Reich looks bad as a result.

The real problem here is Tepper. Reich isn't a great coach, but I don't think he's this bad. Every bit of our offseason lands on Tepper. The knives are going to start coming out once heads roll, and I think a lot of people are going to start talking about how this wasn't their choice once they lose their jobs.

This is exactly what happened. Reich was hired believing he would get Carr. Tepper was convinced by Scott to draft a QB and that guy was Young. Frank isn’t one to push back.

3 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

This is exactly what happened. Reich was hired believing he would get Carr. Tepper was convinced by Scott to draft a QB and that guy was Young. Frank isn’t one to push back.

That's where I've had a question about Fitterer.

I know per his own statements that he was pretty heavily convinced on Bryce Young. Reich was long rumored to be interested in Stroud or even Richardson.

There are definite coaching mistakes that I believe Reich has made, but if he was overruled on his choice of quarterback, that's an issue.

Hiring Frank fit the bill on a couple big points. 

1. Dave had a big problem with how he treated Wilks at the end. You know, that first black head coach guy who turned losers in to winners and restored panther pride, and players loved… He had to hire a known commodity to the team so the hype machine could then crank up the narrative of Frank coming home, as well as several other coaches with ties. ‘Bringing the band back together’ if you will. 

2. He knew Frank would let him continue with his bs. 

4 hours ago, Newtcase said:

This is a fair reason for Dalton to see a few more starts.  Some say you can’t evaluate Bryce with this team, I say you can evaluate this team or staff with Bryce.  The knife cuts both ways.  A few Dalton starts would provide some much needed clarity before chopping more heads.

Dalton is a 10 year vet who has made a few pro bowls.. What are you proving by playing him???

This staff wasn’t brought here to develop Dalton.. They knew before they signed we were getting a rookie QB.. They came here to develop that rookie..

10 hours ago, CalebTheBrave said:

Let me tell you, as a longtime Colts fan, and watching the Panthers this year, our problem in Indianapolis for so many years was not our talent level, it was our coaching. Chuck pagano/Frank Reich were most definitely our problem, both wonderful human beings, but in over their heads in the modern NFL. 

The only thing that saved Pagano and Reich for so long was Andrew Luck being Elite... Once he left, it was obvious our coaching staff was continually letting our players/Fans down...

Bryce Young is a good albeit small QB, he can win in this league, your roster is not as bad as it looks either, the colts instantly turned it around with our new HC who understands the modern NFL, scheme, Speed,Space is what wins in the league these days, and sorry to say, but Reich doesn't and never had schemed around those modern ideals, it's way past time for him to go, you need a modern schemer, built for todays game, if you get that, look out, Bryce and this team can make some noise, I mean look at what Indianapolis is doing with a less than ideal QB/Roster. 

Coaching is the issue here, from a colts/Panthers fan, 

Better days are ahead.

You’re assuming the retarded owner will hire someone suited to best use the players on the roster or to get players that will fit that “modern scheme” you speak of. The offense has gotten worse every season with the brief exception of Steve Wilks going full ground and pound for 12 games. 

12 hours ago, CRA said:

Frank isn’t the first nor will he be the last to not get it his way on things.  He also is just a bad HC.  I think because he acts like he is on sedatives people ignore a lot of the Rhule-ish to him. 

like today.   That was a horrible call at the end.  Frank’s take? That should be a TD and Chark did a poor job.  That’s seems like a pretty Matt Rhule-ish breakdown. 

Again if you watch the play he’s not exactly wrong. It was really poorly executed. I don’t love having the call in there as an option, but you have to execute. They did not. 

11 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Wrong 

Someone in the building had to have wanted CJ Stroud at least initially. We won't know the truth for a few years probably. But it will come out.

On a side note. I am personally done hearing about Tua in reference to Bryce Young's struggles. The Dolphins are winning beating up bad teams. They have a very capable coaching staff. And they've built a fairly stacked roster. We don't and won't have any of those things for some time. I am of the opinion that 2025 will be the year we draft yet another QB. Unless Bryce Young loads up on HGH he is not going to be much if at all different physically next season. Defenses do not respect his arm talent. It isn't there.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1