• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

12 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

"Because Tabor has interim HC experience" is the answer most have said. What you should really say is, it doesn't matter. Brown or Evero can't fix this team. Why waste their time with the interim tag? They won't be the HC next season.

Kinda, honestly I think he wanted a guaranteed loser because when Wilks coached well last season it made it harder for him to hire the guy HE wanted because fans generally wanted Wilks.  Last thing he wants is evero being a good coach then having that same problem this off-season, so might as well go with a coach we know will lose.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Sacrifice.  Frank looked beat down and even with another win or two would not have saved his job.  He probably added years back on to his life by getting out of here.   If Tepper thinks this firing quieted the saber rattling, he's delusional.

I’m afraid as long as Tepper owns the Panthers I will care much less than I ever have. He’s a terrible owner and seems to learn nothing with each passing HC. 

• Pie 1

I really don't understand the logic behind firing Reich this year, especially when Evero wouldn't even take the interim job as I feel he'd be one of the only good candidates we could have a chance at. Let Reich and Bryce tank command us to the #1 pick in 2025 then hopefully we can attract an actual candidate. Who the hell is willing to sign up for meddling ownership, a probable bust at QB, no first rounder, and one of, if not the worst roster in the league? Reeks of just being a reactionary, kneejerk decision. Especially considering that Tepper announced it personally on Twitter without informing the players. God damn we are so fuged. 

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1

Frank comes off as a cuck in Fowlers interview.

Wtf dude?

Reich also said of Tepper, who fired him in person Monday morning at Bank of America Stadium shortly before the news was announced: “I want to convey that I have nothing but positive thoughts about Mr. Tepper. On a personal level, I saw a side of him that I deeply respect and care about. But the NFL is a meritocracy. It’s not unconditional love. I understand from a professional standpoint Mr. Tepper is going to have certain standards that he expects to have met. I have no hard feelings, and my personal relationship with him was actually a real highlight of this short time.”

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article282370333.html#storylink=cpy

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Frank comes off as a cuck in Fowlers interview.

Wtf dude?

Reich also said of Tepper, who fired him in person Monday morning at Bank of America Stadium shortly before the news was announced: “I want to convey that I have nothing but positive thoughts about Mr. Tepper. On a personal level, I saw a side of him that I deeply respect and care about. But the NFL is a meritocracy. It’s not unconditional love. I understand from a professional standpoint Mr. Tepper is going to have certain standards that he expects to have met. I have no hard feelings, and my personal relationship with him was actually a real highlight of this short time.”

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article282370333.html#storylink=cpy

I know a lot are waiting for Reich to confirm he wanted Stroud/other clashes with ownership but he’s always striked me as a guy that has no desire to rustle any feathers and just take his retirement money and go home. Even if Tepper completely over rode Reich on Young over Stroud, I don’t see that being something frank would ever confirm. 

• Pie 1