• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to speak on Tuesday

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, NJPanthers12 said:

This is an awful take. I can’t stand Tepper as much as the next guy, but Tepper absolutely needs to address the fan base and answer hopefully some tough questions by the media.

You're talking about the same David Tepper who spoke confidently just earlier this year about not needing to invest a great deal of money or draft capital in the WR position because our rookie QB was so good at distributing the ball.

If you believe this catastrophe is going to make David Tepper make a complete 180 in his approach to business that he has maintained throughout his adult life more power to you. I'd like to see it myself. I don't expect it to happen though.

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Not expecting to hear a shred of accountability from Tepper but it will be interesting to hear if he divulges anything about changing his process or involvement in the on-field product. He needed to hire a president of football operations 5 years ago. 

To be fair he did take responsibility for the bad Rhule hire.

I'm not the biggest fan of Tepper right now either. But I do think this could be a good press conference if he does give insight on what went down.  

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're talking about the same David Tepper who spoke confidently just earlier this year about not needing to invest a great deal of money or draft capital in the WR position because our rookie QB was so good at distributing the ball.

If you believe this catastrophe is going to make David Tepper make a complete 180 in his approach to business that he has maintained throughout his adult life more power to you. I'd like to see it myself. I don't expect it to happen though.

Tepper admitted he reads twitter and we all know for a fact he or his team read the Huddle. If the bad on-field product isn’t going to convince him to step away, PSL owners not renewing their contracts and an empty stadium might. 

• Beer 2

51 minutes ago, Mage said:

To be fair he did take responsibility for the bad Rhule hire.

I'm not the biggest fan of Tepper right now either. But I do think this could be a good press conference if he does give insight on what went down.  

The only way I'll come out of it positive if he publicly swallows his pride and commits to staying the fug out of football operations moving forward beyond hiring and firing decisions. Day to day football operations, roster decisions, draft decisions, scheme decisions, etc. just stay the fug out.

He wouldn't be asking a football coach or front office personnel to help him analyze a hedge fund portfolio so butt out of their business. That's what they do. Your experience and past successes clearly have no translated to football. Let football people make football decisions.

• Pie 1