• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call Your Shot 11/27/23 Edition: Who is the next HC of the Panthers?

Ricky Spanish

I'm betting Kellen Moore, former OC for the Cowboys, current OC of the Chargers, and finalist for the job this past offseason.

If Staley is retained in LA, I think we scoop him up. If not, I think they promote him to HC. He has extensive experience working under a meddling owner (Jerry Jones) so he probably won't blink, especially if we back the brinks truck up for him.

Whose your pick of who you think it will be (not necessarily who you want it to be)?

• Pie 3

I question whether we're going to get good candidates given the reputation of our owner and the general toxic atmosphere of the team environment.

If I were putting out a wish list though, besides Ben Johnson I'd look at Frank Smith. It could be argued that his experience with Tua makes him a better option for Bryce Young.

If there's a change at GM, I'd try for Will McClay in Dallas.

• Pie 2

What about Eviro? The success of Ryans down in Houston kind of shows you can be a defensive head coach and still be open to new concepts/aggressive on offense. I guess they may run into the same issue if Slowik is hired elsewhere, having to find a new playcaller etc all the time but I think the job Eviro has done with an injury depleted defense, with an offense sabotaging games is pretty impressive.

• Pie 3

Just now, rayzor said:

tepper jumps from one extreme to the other, so someone young that has no HC experience.

Yeah he'll go the young coordinator route now.  We've tried the established an extra year (Ron), college hot shot (Rhule), and now NFL-lifer/retread (Reich).  Time for a young coordinator.   

Gotta consider the most likely available spots (4): LAC, WAS, NE, LVR

Possible openings: CHI, ATL, NO, TB, BUF, DAL (if they are 1 and done in playoffs), NYJ

There could be a TON of openings.  LAC is going to be attractive.  Same goes for ATL. 

Absolute minimum 5 new HCs in 2024.  Could end up being 7-9.

• Pie 2