• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I legit feel bad for Bryce

Dorian Gray

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

it is wild Igo just straight up left us. these "mods" and prominent posters are terrible. and yes im just setting myself up for that clown guy to reply cope or something 

If the team was playing better the fan base would be more positive. Sucks we are in this situation. 

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

Yeah, I know, he’s making millions and is in the NFL. I know the responses.

But man, he seems like such a good kid.

I remember that video of him on draft night walking to speak to the media, hearing CJ’s name called at #2, and turning around to cheer on his guy.

Or the clip of him and his parents seeing his jersey in his locker for the first time, and how proud they all were.

I’m not giving up on him here, but I HATE seeing him on ESPN, FS1, Other Hot Take Shows used as “The Reason” everyone is getting fired and how he’s this or that and will never amount to anything. Kinda bums me out tbh.

It maybe a blessing in the disguise.. don’t expect to see miracles but we will see if Thomas Brown might try plays that fit Bryce.. it’s hard to no since the line is garbage.. will they go on the end of season run!?? Dunno!! Will be interesting 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

If the team was playing better the fan base would be more positive. Sucks we are in this situation. 

True statement.  Just like the team, I hope this place can turn around.  It used to be fun.

Now it is an un-moderated hellscape with literal clowns running wild.

Just like the organization, maybe we need a hard reset with a new message board, too.  I don't know.

I love ya Jeremy, but this has devolved a long, long way from where it started with carolinagrowl.

This board has been bastardized by the social media mentality like everything else.

15 years ago people could have somewhat legitimate discourse.  Now it's just nonsense and sh*t talking that rarely if ever serves a purpose.

Or maybe I'm just getting older.  But trying to have a reasonable conversation on here vs even 5 years ago is night & day.  It's mostly a lost cause.

• Pie 1

I don’t feel bad for him at all. He gets cushy media treatment, and hasn’t done anything in the league to earn that yet. 

No one was feeling bad for Cam when he was out there showing out, whilst being blasted by the media as a crybaby towel wearing thug. 

I don’t wish him ill or anything, but the kid has been coddled and treated like he can do no wrong by a lot of loud voices…I just don’t understand why I should feel for him. 

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This board has been bastardized by the social media mentality like everything else.

15 years ago people could have somewhat legitimate discourse.  Now it's just nonsense and sh*t talking that rarely if ever serves a purpose.

Or maybe I'm just getting older.  But trying to have a reasonable conversation on here vs even 5 years ago is night & day.  It's mostly a lost cause.

Well we haven't been to the playoffs since 2017 we haven't won the division since 2015 and we own the worst record in all of sports since 2019.

I can agree this place is toxic to a degree but what else do you expect? I'd rather converse with realists and some trolls than unhinged optimists that just want to shine shoes for the front office.

We'll see how it goes next year.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Bryce is so lucky the Bears decided to make that trade instead of trading Fields instead.

If they traded Fields and took Bryce, him combined with how bad they are would have ended up with the Bears likely getting the #1 pick next year anyways.

If that happened, they'd Josh Rosen him and draft his replacement, while he gets shipped out for a 4th round pick to only bounce around a few team's practice squads before being out of the league entirely.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well we haven't been to the playoffs since 2017 we haven't won the division since 2015 and we own the worst record in all of sports since 2019.

I can agree this place is toxic to a degree but what else do you expect? I'd rather converse with realists and some trolls than unhinged optimists that just want to shine shoes for the front office.

We'll see how it goes next year.

I'm all about realism.  A lot of this is just unmitigated trolling for trolling sake.

I'm cancelling my PSL's after 18 years.  I've invested plenty in this organization over the years and I'm fed up too.

I just also have watched a lot of football and know Bryce isn't nowhere as bad as these trolls want to make out.

I completely understand not blowing sunshine, but I also have zero patience with people who want to do nothing but constantly sh*t on things when they don't know what they're talking about.

You want to critique how this is the worst interior offensive line in franchise (and potentially NFL history) by the metrics?  No argument here

You want to critique how godawful this receiving group is?  No pushback there

You want to critique how pathetic this scheme & playcalling is?  Perfectly legit

You want to critique the one constant behind this failure in David Tepper?  I 10000% concur

You want to critique how Bryce's footwork has gotten off after being under constant pressure or he hasn't done enough to look guys off (which is a lot harder to do when you have no confidence your guys are getting open for anyone that's ever played)?  The film shows that.

You want to call Bryce a bust or not understand all the really good things he is doing in spite of the most dysfunctional offense I've ever seen?  Kiss my ass

And trust me, I had to defend Cam from 2011-2013 on this very board, too.  

There is not one single person you will ever be able to point to who actually knows football who will tell you anything other than BY9 was the top-rated college QB for a reason, and that it's impossible to evaluate any QB under these conditions.

And that's simply not good enough for all the armchair GM's, hot-take artists, and trolls that have overwhelmed this place, but it's the truth.

That isn't "coping" or any of the other bullsh*t these trolls simp on about.  

It's about actual evaluation and not worthless hysteria.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

44 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

True statement.  Just like the team, I hope this place can turn around.  It used to be fun.

Now it is an un-moderated hellscape with literal clowns running wild.

Just like the organization, maybe we need a hard reset with a new message board, too.  I don't know.

I love ya Jeremy, but this has devolved a long, long way from where it started with carolinagrowl.

Bro, I feel and understand you. Just 5 years of failure have taken a toll. The forum for many is means to release alllll that pain. I never could understand the gameday threads cause of the extreme comments. Im not one to bitach or complain, even if everyone is doing it. But after the uber 2023 tease, that I bought too...... people are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

My deal is I can take take losing if the team is putting out positive efforts. This team has been miserable to watch. I mean the defense&ST do enough to win, but thats just adds to the pain of alllll these close loses.

Now looking at the roster its full to the max with holes, even the best talent need their 2nd 20+ million deals that ruin the cap.....on a team with ONE win. No overall talent with the deal at QB and its hopeless. (no difference makers are panthers, thats the key to winning NFL games)

If you find out how to ease the pain of being a true fan of 25 years, pass it along. Ive got toooo much skin in this team just to quit watching.....