• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I could see Tepper moving the team.

Brent Gregory

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You forgot to add Austin's metro area entirely. It's over 5m combined. If the Panthers are going to consider both states as their media market, it's not even a 90 min drive between the two cities. 

So it’s 80 miles between those cities.

Pretty much the same pop as 75 miles around Charlotte.

F1E7494F-7626-45EF-BEE9-60F33BCBED24.jpeg

20 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If yall are wondering where the team might go, the Austin/San Antonio market is RIPE for a team. Put the team in New Braunfels or San Marcos between the cities, and invest in a train line. Brand it the “Texas Something’s” so it’s not a city specific team, like the Rangers. Jerry Jones would fight tooth and nail but, the market has over 5m people as of now and is predicted to have 6-7m in 2030. The region will get an NFL franchise eventually.

How could I-35 get any worse? This is how. 

• Pie 1

Tepper is football dumb but he is not money dumb. Even though he has been losing since he became the owner. He has doubled his initial investment $2billion to $4.1billion. David Tepper is not moving the Panthers out of Charlotte. And why would Jerry Jones want another team to come to Texas? 

• Beer 2

Anyone talking about another team around the greater Austin area needs to understand that as long as Jerry Jones has a pulse it ain't happening.  He wasn't happy about Houston getting their franchise back as the Texans and there was some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes about Dallas retaining TV market rights/shares for a certain number of years around the Houston area.

Anyways, I don't think the team is going anywhere.  We are in the lowest of lows that most of us can remember, but I'll say this:  I am glad my home state has an NFL team - nothing stays the same forever.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

46 minutes ago, Otters said:

No way they leave the atl/dc corridor empty.

It is 120 miles from where I live to Bank of America Stadium. I travel to a game down I-85 on game day I see others from my area who have PSL’s. (If they haven’t sold them) NC does have a large tv audience for the Panthers. 
The Carolina’s have been cursed with ownership groups with both the Hornets and the Panthers. 

Edited by Stuart Smith
  • Beer 1