• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING!!: Panthers will go after Ben Johnson

TheSpecialJuan

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're centered on Bryce, I'd look to Frank Smith since he's worked with Tua.

I think if we don't give it to Evero or Caldwell, this is the answer. 

Like you said, Smith and McDaniel understood Tua's strengths (RPO/pistol at Bama, smart, off-script) and deficiencies (frame, durability), and crafted an offense around him that succeeded. 

We need to build everything around Bryce. Coaching staff, scheme, OL, running game, personnel....everything. 

Smith also fits with the direction Tepper will lean this time on the HC carousel. Young, innovative, offensive-minded, and a disciple of the Shannahan tree. 

29 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think if we don't give it to Evero or Caldwell, this is the answer. 

Like you said, Smith and McDaniel understood Tua's strengths (RPO/pistol at Bama, smart, off-script) and deficiencies (frame, durability), and crafted an offense around him that succeeded. 

We need to build everything around Bryce. Coaching staff, scheme, OL, running game, personnel....everything. 

Smith also fits with the direction Tepper will lean this time on the HC carousel. Young, innovative, offensive-minded, and a disciple of the Shannahan tree. 

Frank also has a history with working as an oline coach with a short QB…

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

He already said no…lol

To be fair though, he said no to other teams as well. If he wanted to be a HC for any team last off-season, he could've  been one, regardless of the team... But he overall chose to stay with the Lions, which, in my opinion, was a smart thing to get another year under his belt.

He may very well go to another team but let's not pretend that he just said no to Carolina.