• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible GMs IF Scott is Fired.

Panthercougar68

16 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Will McClay from the Cowboys would be my top choice.

His name comes up every hiring cycle because few teams have been as consistently good personnel wise as they have over the past several years. 

Not sure about his availability but from what I know, it would be a promotion since he's not the official GM in Dallas.

Give me people that will prioritize and make serious investments into the lines of scrimmage like DAL & to @TheBigKat’s suggestion like Philadelphia. Carolina has only taken 3 OL in the top 3 rounds since 2019. Part of that though likely revolves around this organization’s inability to properly scout personnel. 

6 minutes ago, Iceup said:

Does anyone think Dan Morgan gets consideration? I’m conflicted about him because he seems tarnished by the current regime.

Everyone employed under Scott should be gone.  That means you might lose some good people in the process. 

it’s similar to why Fitt should of gone with Rhule.  When it’s THIS bad….you can waste time trying to sort out what % belongs to who.  This is the worst roster in our history and these clowns thought they were doing something….and Dan is clearly part of that 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Everyone employed under Scott should be gone.  That means you might lose some good people in the process. 

it’s similar to why Fitt should of gone with Rhule.  When it’s THIS bad….you can waste time trying to sort out what % belongs to who.  This is the worst roster in our history and these clowns thought they were doing something….and Dan is clearly part of that 

Is there enough time to totally revamp scouting and build it up by April?

8 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

If you hire a GM who runs a private scouting firm......  The plot thickens. 

Damn, that is a really good point.

All things considered, Dimitrioff had a good run of success in ATL for a while, ended poorly but that super bowl loss broke that entire organization.

Wouldn't hate it, wouldn't absolutely love it, relatively safe choice.

image.png.40a2029541fb3035b7b7090a73ee185d.png

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No, there isn't.

The vast majority of the in-season scouting work is already done. The next steps are things like the all star games, Combine, pro days, etc.

Scouting and personnel guys don't tend to get fired until after the draft, and I'd prefer to at least keep Adrian Wilson anyway.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

No, there isn't.

The vast majority of the in-season scouting work is already done. The next steps are things like the all star games, Combine, pro days, etc.

Scouting and personnel guys don't tend to get fired until after the draft, and I'd prefer to at least keep Adrian Wilson anyway.

Interesting internal candidates would be Wilson and Samir. Samir seems like a very no nonsense guy.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, there isn't.

Serious question, what exactly has Wilson done to warrant being kept? Outside of being a name people recognize from their playing days.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Serious question, what exactly has Wilson done to warrant being kept? Outside of being a name people recognize from their playing days.

everyone in that front office has to go IMO, good bad or indifferent we need a clean reset because what is there is obviously not working, from pro scouting down to college scouting bleach it all

37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The upper levels of it.   I mean, that’s largely what I am referring to.  I’m not talking about every scout and the entire network. 

No reason keeping Morgan and all top brass under Scott.  Gut it all.  Which shouldn’t be an issue to replace the leadership/top 

1 hour ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Give me people that will prioritize and make serious investments into the lines of scrimmage like DAL & to @TheBigKat’s suggestion like Philadelphia. Carolina has only taken 3 OL in the top 3 rounds since 2019. Part of that though likely revolves around this organization’s inability to properly scout personnel. 

If they pluck someone from Philadelphia, I'd prefer Brandon Hunt.

He's got loads of experience, and most of it being with the Steelers organization would mean he's familiar with Tepper.

Mind you, that also means at least potentially he might be someone who'd be willing to call temper on his bullsh-t.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, there isn't.

I'm not too impressed with the drafting of the Arizona Cardinals over the past three to four years.... Just saying