• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

2 hours ago, strato said:

I don’t understand thinking you will always be limited by this player, but want to give him a shot. They are major deficiencies. Height. He can’t see where he is throwing, and the arm is just not enough to make up for anything at all. I don’t get it. 

If you are referring  to me, I was talking about after we drafted him.  I was wanting Stroud  but  going to support whoever(nothing we could do bout it) but its clear his upside is low.  I'm ready to move on if you are referring  to me. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Oh so its okay for Peyton to led the league in picks as a rookie or Troy Aikman was WINLESS in his rookie year for the Cowboys but its NOT okay for Bryce?!?!?!?! You are a bs liar and can't even admit it that i am right. These fans on here would attack those Hall of Famers as bust by claiming they are NOT NFL QB like Bryce is being accuse of as a rookie like none of you haters learn anything by repeating the garbage attacks over and over like a broken record. Once Bryce joins Troy and Peyton in the HOF as all 3 early on was born with winning intangibles like clutch under pressure while being humble as pie without a selfish bone in their bodies, which are traits of greatness in my book.  Not if but when that happens, i will be the only one here who knew it will happen, unlike all you haters here who continues to ridicule him like yourself.

https://highschool.si.com/california/2023/04/28/nfl-draft-bryce-young-carolina-panthers-elite-human-being

Aikman and Manning had much more talent then Young will ever have. Comparing the two to him is ridiculous.

• Beer 1

Not that anyone really cares, but here's my take... 

Bryce is leaving a LOT of plays on the field. No doubt. Guys are open now that Zavala and whoever the other Guard was, are out of the game. Now he's hesitating due to a lack of confidence. He's forcing throws when other guys are open. He's lost his swag. That's tough for a QB. Confidence and trust are everything. 

That doesn't mean you should cheer for him to fail. Like it or not, he'll be the starting QB for Carolina until at least the first half of next season. At LEAST. If he doesn't get better then we have to watch a crap show offense every week. Just feels like some would rather be right about him being the wrong pick, than watching the team have success. It's ok to say he made a good play when he makes a good play. Just like it's ok to say he screwed up when he does. No need to spin everything to fit your negative objective. 

I didn't want a QB in the draft. Honestly didn't think any of them were worth a top 10 pick let alone what we gave up to get to #1. I still don't. But now that he's a Panther, Bryce is our guy - at least for now. Maybe I'm just hopelessly loyal. But I don't think it's a bad thing to want your guy to have success, even when he's playing his worst. 

I can acknowledge the guy's mistakes, but some of these takes are ridiculous. Bordering on blind hate. I come here to have meaning conversations about the team and what's going on behind the scenes - that the general public may not know or report. Hard to come in here when every post is a bashing of the same player - over and over and over and over... again.

• Pie 1

The interesting thing about all of this is that the Huddle can and has defended poor QB play in the past. We've done it at times with Jake and Cam, and more often with Allen, Moore, Heinicke, and even Walker. We said there were many factors that led to the poor play (including themselves). So why did we give this small group the benefit of the doubt when things went poorly? They showed us something. Anything.

The other Panthers QBs in the past? Nope. They showed us nothing. So even if there were factors that piled onto their suckage ... we knew they sucked and would always suck. And other than Baker Mayfield (who still sort of sucks), none lasted.

So here we are. The overwhelming majority of the Huddle is not putting Bryce into the group that gets a pass. The majority of us feel he will join that other group.

It's not hate ... it's called being realistic.

What the Young Defenders have is another "H word" ... and that is called hope.

Good luck with that.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

On 12/16/2023 at 1:22 AM, Navy_football said:

Not that anyone really cares, but here's my take... 

Bryce is leaving a LOT of plays on the field. No doubt. Guys are open now that Zavala and whoever the other Guard was, are out of the game. Now he's hesitating due to a lack of confidence. He's forcing throws when other guys are open. He's lost his swag. That's tough for a QB. Confidence and trust are everything. 

That doesn't mean you should cheer for him to fail. Like it or not, he'll be the starting QB for Carolina until at least the first half of next season. At LEAST. If he doesn't get better then we have to watch a crap show offense every week. Just feels like some would rather be right about him being the wrong pick, than watching the team have success. It's ok to say he made a good play when he makes a good play. Just like it's ok to say he screwed up when he does. No need to spin everything to fit your negative objective. 

I didn't want a QB in the draft. Honestly didn't think any of them were worth a top 10 pick let alone what we gave up to get to #1. I still don't. But now that he's a Panther, Bryce is our guy - at least for now. Maybe I'm just hopelessly loyal. But I don't think it's a bad thing to want your guy to have success, even when he's playing his worst. 

I can acknowledge the guy's mistakes, but some of these takes are ridiculous. Bordering on blind hate. I come here to have meaning conversations about the team and what's going on behind the scenes - that the general public may not know or report. Hard to come in here when every post is a bashing of the same player - over and over and over and over... again.

Now that it’s fairly obvious he isn’t the guy the sooner the better in my opinion. I’d rather him bottom out than have a game or two which causes us to do nothing about that position for a whole extra season. 

On 12/15/2023 at 10:44 PM, Martin said:

Thought this was interesting in terms of different QBs behind the same poor o-line

image.thumb.png.6688af5be5197ba745dab397dc644d68.png

Yep, and why our pretty solid OL from last season has looked like trash this season.  Granted our guard play has been poor, but Bozeman, Ickey and Moton haven't all forgotten how to play their positions.

• Pie 1