• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Vs Saints 1PM Gameday Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, Wanderlai said:

That’s what doomed us but Bryce was a top 2 pick by damn near everyone. Kid has zero arm, can’t read a defense, and does nothing. 

Guys like Mitch Trubisky have gotten picked 2nd overall before.  People are only able to say it's stupid or makes no sense with the benefit of hindsight. 

Bryce was the consensus first or second QB available in the draft, but now that he's had a shitty year people are talking like he would have been a day 2 pick or something if we hadn't traded up.  It's the most valuable position on the field and players get overdrafted all the time.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Yeah he's just uncomfortable now, and it's clear. I think his confidence is shot... He's missing layups of throws...

But if it's was ever routine, I could expect him to miss one or two gimme with his confidence low, but my God...  that last sequence was back to back to back just horrible.

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Now we can all see why Frank wasn’t “opening up” the playbook. The guy was completely handcuffed by Bryce and was clearly the scapegoat.

Nah we're not retconning that Frank wasn't a problem. Look at Chubba Hubbard's performance the past 2 weeks (or when Brown called plays generally) vs when Frank was calling the same run up the middle every single first down.

2 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

That’s what doomed us but Bryce was a top 2 pick by damn near everyone. Kid has zero arm, can’t read a defense, and does nothing. 

At this point, maybe Young will do something regrettable off the field and the Panthers can cut him for cause. He could improve, but he is so bad that he will still be a huge problem. 

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It makes no sense. He made those passes with ease at Alabama. It’s like he thinks these guys are faster than they are. 

I have to be honest. It gives me vibes like he's the clock in clock out type of QB how Sam Darnold was. Good person good teammate. But that's pretty much where it ended. I don't like to have to wonder this. But it's a legitimate question at this point.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Correct, 40% to be accurate.  So even Brown's contribution to the playbook is garbage?  I'm asking because I see several narratives backfiring here on the Huddle since Reich's firing.

I don't care at this point who wrote the playbook.  Why in the hell are you going deep from shotgun on 4th and 1???  They are constantly doing that crap, situational playcalling has been horrible, no matter who it is.

• Pie 1