• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Final Drive

Seltzer

2 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I know we aren’t a good team but I’m not ready to give up on Bryce yet. I don’t see why he can’t pan out to be a good game manager. Let’s get this man a speed WR and good guard to sure up the pocket(I’m not sure how Corbett will ever be) half our losses have been 1 possession game. I’m hoping for 7-10 next season and building towards the future. 

If he pans out to only a game manager you realize thats still a massive failure right?? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

It’s good tape to build on. Even Brown called the game marginally better. Baby steps. lol

What do we consider marginally better than record-breaking ineptitude?

But in all seriousness, congrats to the team on getting a win. Defense carried yet again, but credit goes to the offense for managing to have a clock killing drive leading to the game-winning field goal

• Pie 1

I will say, if Bryce can start navigating the pocket like he was in Q4, come out next year through full-NFL conditioning program, under a modern scheme, tailored for him by Waldron/Johnson/Canales/whoever, maybe there's something.  

A hit on the HC with at least one offensive playmaker are the two things that abso-f*cking-lutely need to happen if we want to see if this can work.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

What do we consider marginally better than record-breaking ineptitude?

But in all seriousness, congrats to the team on getting a win. Defense carried yet again, but credit goes to the offense for managing to have a clock killing drive leading to the game-winning field goal

The Defence held them to 200 yards, 7 points and forced2 turnovers... and we have people on here crowning Young for leading the team to 3 FG drives (one of which the Defence gifted him).

Fun times.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 4

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The Defence held them to 200 yards, 7 points and forced2 turnovers... and we have people on here crowning Young for leading the team to 3 FG drives (one of which the Defence gifted him).

Fun times.

Some people get it.  This franchise is in such a bad place, that while a win is a win, context is totally lost. 

Great post. I'm as frustrated as anyone by how ALL of this has played out, but I'm also aware that he's the guy at least for next year so until we actually could have a path to bringing in someone else to play QB there's no point in cheering for anything but substantial improvement from #9. He may never be the guy you give that much to trade up for but he could still be someone we build the roster around for the foreseeable future.

22 minutes ago, Verge said:

Bryce has a lot of iffy tape. He also has moments where you really see something special. Talent surrounding him and stability should help bring out more of that specialness.

Do you have examples of that something special? I’m assuming you mean things few other QBs can do?

• Pie 4