• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping Chris Tabor around in some capacity

Jmac

The chances of Tabor becoming the HC are slim to none. They will probably be cleaning house and it will be up to the new HC who to retain.

The guy is a good special teams coach and appears to be on the ball. He had a good game plan for the weather event on Sunday and it played out well.

They need more coaches like him who knows WTF they are doing and when to do it.

Hope he stays.

There are no such things as tepper guys. Especially when they had no prior relationship to him.  That "Tepper guy" thing is massively overblown.  IF a new HC wants to keep Tabor I'd be all for it, he knows what he is doing.  He doesn't have HC aspirations and wants to be good at his craft.  Especially when you hire a first time HC.  Tabor might be the easiest hire/retention he makes.  We need an offensive overhaul, Defense and ST have been playing decently well.  Yeah I'd argue that we should be going after kicking competition, but other than that Tabor has been making solid ST players out of fringe roster guys.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Confused Ryan Reynolds GIF

Am I the only one that remembers Special teams before Tabor under Rivera with Richard Rogers?

Tabor is a great coach. I would love to keep him. I don't give a crap if he licks Tepper's boot, I can't remember the last time I never held my breath any time ST was on the field.

I remember a time when almost every return had a chance of fumble.

• Pie 3

I like Tabor. 

That said, I think the next HC should be able to pick his staff.  I think a HC should be able to bring in guys who he works well with.  All plays into the locker room and in house culture. 

There are always examples where keeping someone the new coach doesn't hire works out.  But big picture, I it just goes against what my preference is.  I don't think our new HC should be told who his staff is. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3