• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce passing chart today

NAS

10 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This offense looks night and day different with Brown actually running it though. There is so much pre snap motion, RPOs, PA passes, and allowing Bryce out into space the past few games - none of that was showing up earlier in the year.

I really think the game just passed Reich by.

If I could pie this twice I would. I said the same thing to my dad during the game.

Today just reaffirmed Reich was always a bad decision

• Pie 4

When most of you were trashing Bryce with more venom than a Forest Cobra, I compared the situation to Tua in Miami--crickets.  I stand by that comparison.  We were able to give Bryce time once we replaced Jensen with Jackson at RG. 

It is not that our WRs were not getting open as some announcers say, it was that there is a brief period after the break--the top of the route, that creates separation and then closes quickly.  Pass rush that disallows the QB from throwing the ball at the right time makes the WRs seem to be covered because the QB was late--This is a positive step in the right direction--I really did not care about losing (as much as I cared about seeing our offense step up.  Now do it 2 more times. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

When most of you were trashing Bryce with more venom than a Forest Cobra, I compared the situation to Tua in Miami--crickets.  I stand by that comparison.  We were able to give Bryce time once we replaced Jensen with Jackson at RG. 

It is not that our WRs were not getting open as some announcers say, it was that there is a brief period after the break--the top of the route, that creates separation and then closes quickly.  Pass rush that disallows the QB from throwing the ball at the right time makes the WRs seem to be covered because the QB was late--This is a positive step in the right direction--I really did not care about losing (as much as I cared about seeing our offense step up.  Now do it 2 more times. 

Well stated observation. I fully agree.

• Pie 1

Packers go up 30-16 in 4Q & begin to run clock on defense with prevent. Young goes 13/17 for 2 TDs & 177 yards.

Young was 10/18 for 0 TDs & 135 yards for the first 3 quarters.

Young had 13 seconds on the clock for his last play with 0 timeouts. He held in pocket for 3 seconds & threw the ball over the middle for a 22 yard gain that took 3 seconds to complete the catch after the throw. The entire offense had 5 seconds to sprint & set for a spike. It takes at least 3 seconds to run 20 yards for the average lineman. This leaves 2 seconds on the clock for a spike.

It takes 16 seconds to run a play & a spike. This question on a test must be known by every coach & QB. If you don't have at least 3 seconds on the clock from when the ball is spotted, the spike will not happen. Tabor & Young failed on this management. This will seperate champions from teams that stay home for the playoffs.

The correct decision with 13 seconds on the clock was 2 quick sideline throws for 10-15 yard routes & a final Hail Mary if not in FG range.

A QB padding his stats against a prevent down by 2 scores in the 4Q & flunking the final drive test is never impressive. It's not a sign of a championship caliber QB.

The expectation for Young in an NFL game would be Young from the first 3 quarters with his lack of clutch management from the 4th quarter. You have to throw out garbage/prevent stats at the end of game. It's the decisions, clock management & consistent clutch throws that matter at 4Q comeback time for an NFL QB.

Investing another 2 years in a QB like Young losing with his occasional well timed highlight pass against prevent is where this is headed.

• Poo 9

5 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Packers go up 30-16 in 4Q & begin to run clock on defense with prevent. Young goes 13/17 for 2 TDs & 177 yards.

Young was 10/18 for 0 TDs & 135 yards for the first 3 quarters.

Young had 13 seconds on the clock for his last play with 0 timeouts. He held in pocket for 3 seconds & threw the ball over the middle for a 22 yard gain that took 3 seconds to complete the catch after the throw. The entire offense had 5 seconds to sprint & set for a spike. It takes at least 3 seconds to run 20 yards for the average lineman. This leaves 2 seconds on the clock for a spike.

It takes 16 seconds to run a play & a spike. This question on a test must be known by every coach & QB. If you don't have at least 3 seconds on the clock from when the ball is spotted, the spike will not happen. Tabor & Young failed on this management. This will seperate champions from teams that stay home for the playoffs.

The correct decision with 13 seconds on the clock was 2 quick sideline throws for 10-15 yard routes & a final Hail Mary if not in FG range.

A QB padding his stats against a prevent down by 2 scores in the 4Q & flunking the final drive test is never impressive. It's not a sign of a championship caliber QB.

The expectation for Young in an NFL game would be Young from the first 3 quarters with his lack of clutch management from the 4th quarter. You have to throw out garbage/prevent stats at the end of game. It's the decisions, clock management & consistent clutch throws that matter at 4Q comeback time for an NFL QB.

Investing another 2 years in a QB like Young losing with his occasional well timed highlight pass against prevent is where this is headed.

Come on man.  I've been critical of Young too but that was not prevent defense and if any other QB made the same plays you would have given them credit.  How many times did Brady or Mahomes come back from 2-3 scores down and everyone gives them the credit when those defenses must have been playing softer coverage too.  What I saw yesterday was Bryce orchestrating a comeback very effectively.  He doesn't have the best receivers or protection, yet found ways to distribute the ball and made plays 

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, NAS said:

Come on man.  I've been critical of Young too but that was not prevent defense and if any other QB made the same plays you would have given them credit.  How many times did Brady or Mahomes come back from 2-3 scores down and everyone gives them the credit when those defenses must have been playing softer coverage too.  What I saw yesterday was Bryce orchestrating a comeback very effectively.  He doesn't have the best receivers or protection, yet found ways to distribute the ball and made plays 

He has literally never posted a positive thing on this forum the entire time he's been here. He just rants about weird statistics 

• Pie 2