• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is a coward

ncfan

16 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is not accurate. 

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1118373109

without going specifically into the research that contradicts this, Tepper's level of wealth basically inoculates him from negative consequences. He's also at the point he can surround himself with people that agree with him, and can even buy good press to construct soothing narratives. His wealth absolutely impacts his behaviors, just like other hyper rich lunatics like elon musk. At least tepper doesn't have a million dipshit sycophants 

Money inoculates him from negative consequences?

He’s considered the worst owner in sports and everyone is laughing at him.

Either way, the guy’s ego comes from his professional success. 100 million or 20 billion…he’s still going to be an ass.

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

okay. let me put it another way

if he throws a drink at someone in the stands, he gets kicked out of the stadium. Because of his wealth, he is able to own a team and throw drinks at anyone he wants.

ie, he's protected from consequences

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

If Tepper doesn’t apologize by tomorrow his interim coaches will have to answer his actions. Would be a horrible look. 

They should say ‘no comment’

’above my pay grade’

just dont participate in the feeding frenzy

Edited by raleigh-panther

11 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

okay. let me put it another way

if he throws a drink at someone in the stands, he gets kicked out of the stadium. Because of his wealth, he is able to own a team and throw drinks at anyone he wants.

ie, he's protected from consequences

Yes, what would happen if a fan threw their drink at him? They would be banned from NFL games and probably arrested.

27 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Either way, the guy’s ego comes from his professional success. 100 million or 20 billion…he’s still going to be an ass.

He's the type of guy who'd be flexing about having the nicest above ground pool in the trailer park. He's just trash with money. Money can't buy class.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

They should say ‘no comment’

’above my pay grade’

just dont participate in the feeding frenzy

they shouldn't be forced to be the first people in the org to comment, even if the comment is "no comment." it really isn't fair to them.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's the type of guy who'd be flexing about having the nicest above ground pool in the trailer park. He's just trash with money. Money can't buy class.

yep, money is just money.  Heck, money actually can make a person's flaws even worse.  I'd say that is a near certain.  Lot of horrible people got money.  Money also is a universal inflator of one's abilities.  Well, I made money doing X......so I can now do anything just as well as I did X. 

Tepper's biggest mistake was not treating what this was, what it was.  He was diversifying and growing his wealth.  He obviously couldn't resist the play toy factor of the NFL team. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

the one thing that can bring virtually every poster together on this board...

Tepper being an asshat.

I think any self respecting person would make amends for their wrong doings. 

Then again, perhaps that an idealistic set of morals that I hold. 

• Pie 1