• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Schefter: Tepper has hired a search firm to help find HC

Folks, NFL teams lie to the media all the time.  Why does this need to be announced now?  Well, Tepper just made an ass out of himself in Jacksonville and is WIDELY being ridiculed by everyone for meddling and being a dysfunctional, trigger-happy owner.  This gives the perception of an independent committee that will recommend the decision.  Here is what else they need to do--

1. Announce that you are not going to pro days in March.

2. Keep all wives and non-expert personnel from hugging free agent candidates or potential draft picks. 

3. Take up stamp collecting.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Folks, NFL teams lie to the media all the time.  Why does this need to be announced now?  Well, Tepper just made an ass out of himself in Jacksonville and is WIDELY being ridiculed by everyone for meddling and being a dysfunctional, trigger-happy owner.  This gives the perception of an independent committee that will recommend the decision.  Here is what else they need to do--

1. Announce that you are not going to pro days in March.

2. Keep all wives and non-expert personnel from hugging free agent candidates or potential draft picks. 

3. Take up stamp collecting.

4... Let all real men make all decisions...

If he's actually hiring outside people to run the search bravo. If we are only going to replace Fitterer with Morgan as much as I like Dan the person and former player he's been here with Scott through some mess and he absolutely cannot be absolved. Not to mention there's the layer that Tepper exerts his own influence on the GM and the familiarity he has with Dan will probably muddy the waters. Honestly I'm in favor of completely gutting the entire front office and scouting dept. We have been comically abysmal at drafting.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If he's actually hiring outside people to run the search bravo. If we are only going to replace Fitterer with Morgan as much as I like Dan the person and former player he's been here with Scott through some mess and he absolutely cannot be absolved. Not to mention there's the layer that Tepper exerts his own influence on the GM and the familiarity he has with Dan will probably muddy the waters. Honestly I'm in favor of completely gutting the entire front office and scouting dept. We have been comically abysmal at drafting.

this is an odd tweet and I dont think Kaye quite thought it through

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

4... Let all real men make all decisions...

I think there are females who would do a good job if given the opportunity to gain front-office experience--gender has nothing to do with it, so if you are putting words in my mouth, you misunderstood. My point was the Tepper's involvement in personnel decisions that have been shared on social media.  Not sure what you mean.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 4

Happy with the direction of an outside firm, now will Tepper listen to the analysis and suggestions?

I like Morgan and if he can stick around to help with the transition and NOT be the new GM, I'd be happy with that. Morgan might not be Fitterer, but we need a clean slate up top and Morgan too closely resembles Fitterer's thinking for me. To go from Fitts to Morgan seems too much like the thinking that has us in our current situation. 

I'd love to be wrong about Morgan as a GM. Former Panther, history of success with other organizations.

Please don't make this outside consultant agency be Tepper's PR move to smooth out the rocky road he's created, only to be a distraction while he continues to do what he wants.