• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking, Ian Rapoport: Fitterer Fired

10 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Also a tough thing for Bryce. The guy who originally pounded the table for him and was his biggest advocate is now gone. 

An even bigger hurdle to climb appears as not many QBs handpicked by a former, fired regime tend to work out for the next one.

Yup! The only one in house anymore tied to Young is Tepper and anyone brought in doesn't have to give it more than the old college try, like Payton in Denver with Wilson. I never had a problem giving new staff a year if they spent it building the foundation up. Rhule didn't know what that was and wasted it trying 3 times in a row. Reich never had the chance because they immediately traded the future away and went all in on a QB that wasn't a franchise QB on a team that in fact wasn't a QB away in it's build.

Bryce will get his shot but there should be legitimate compitition next season and that really doesn't bode well for him.

• Pie 2

A lot of you thought that Tepper would be loyal to Fitterer, hanging on to his yes man.  But that is not the pattern of the narcissist, as I explained in threads where I (like some of you) predicted he would be fired today.  If Tepper were the captain of the Titanic and had a meeting before it sank with his six highest ranking officers, even though Tepper did not believe there was an iceberg and ordered "Full steam ahead," He would empty his revolver of all six bullets, leaving only himself alive and a private life raft for his retreat.

Narcissists are, for the most part, incapable of empathy or guilt.  Tepper fits the profile, from what I can see. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

It's not so much that they don't work out for the next guy as it is that poor play caused the original guy to be fired.  That being said, given that Bryce is one year in and a first round pick, he will almost definitely have a shot to make it.

Unless Tepper Bridgewaters him in another ego trip...

Mixed feelings on that. I really don't want to have to watch Young play again but that is still a crap move unless the compensation is decent. For an early 2nd and maybe an additional 5th? Lol sure. I don't see anyone paying that but sure.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackofalltrades said:

As long as Tepper is owner and continues to meddle, it doesn't matter who fills these positions.

Sadly, I believe this is the case.

His only saving grace would be hiring a team president/football ops guy who ran the show. But I don't believe his ego would ever allow such a thing. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Unless Tepper Bridgewaters him in another ego trip...

Mixed feelings on that. I really don't want to have to watch Young play again but that is still a crap move unless the compensation is decent. For an early 2nd and maybe an additional 5th? Lol sure. I don't see anyone paying that but sure.

We will give him another year.  Almost have to. And if it doesn't work out, then we should have another high pick the following year.  

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

So the consulting firm we are using for GM and coach is the one that put in place the current 49ers structure.

So my offseason optimism begins 

Correct, and ironically it was because the 49ers owner was failing miserably with a micromanaging, hands on approach. Tepper literally looked at a lesson taught and repeated the mistake almost perfectly all the way up to hiring the same people to fix it. That is the definition of a dumbass.

Tepper appears to be one of the slowest people you can meet outside of his hedge fund management and has a shitty attitude to boot.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We will give him another year.  Almost have to. And if it doesn't work out, then we should have another high pick the following year.  

We should but also he has been on the bust path since preseason. Tepper is in uncharted territory now. He has always kept a holdover and carried over issues from the last crew. He is embarrassed and unpredictable so I really don't know what comes next. It's not like he will suddenly have figured out how the NFL works over this season so the full field of possibilities exist right now and that includes Bryce taking the fall as a bust. It's not like any backup or jag starter couldn't do better. Baker is in the playoffs lol

Edit: locked in at a top 10 pick anyways. Too little talent. It would take several miracles to make that not happen.

Edited by Waldo

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

The talent exodus under him without anything even remotely comparable being brought in has to make him one of the worst GMs of the 21st century at least.

Gettleman was pretty bad too, we had the makings of a dynasty and dumb moves(drafting big slow receivers) and ego(cutting Josh Norman) while never solidifying the line doomed it all and is as much a reason we are here as Tepper/Fitterer cluster

• Flames 1